coloring prefix of keywords of own language

  • Sven Guckes
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 28, 2001
      Narasimha - got not time to process your request.
      And I hardly ever use the mouse of gui, so I think
      it is best when I forward your mail to the mailing
      list - the folks there can help you.

      I reworded your description of your a little
      in the hope that it will be clearer to all.

      Sven

      ===

      From: Narasimha Murthy <a0756558@...>
      Subject: Need help
      Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2001 21:06:51 +0530
      To: guckes@...

      Recently I have developed a format as part of my work and I wanted to
      use VIM for providing help on each key word of format through VIM help
      files. I did it successfully. Then I got the idea of providing more
      easier help to people who use my format with GVIM editor.

      I want to create menus such that key word
      completions are displayed on mouse 3 button click.

      So, here is what I want to do:

      When you write some test in my format then writing
      a prefix of some keyword will highlight the word.

      On the click of mouse 3 button, it shows all
      possible completions for that key word.

      I have following questions...
      1) How can I access mouse3 button on command line, i.e at ":"?
      2) How can I access the value of the buffer that
      hold the value of highlighted text on command line?
      3) My plan is to once I get hold of above, I'll map
      mouse3 (or <tab> if it is not possible) to
      i) clear/delete existing menu
      ii) run a perl script to get all possible key words
      and create mymenu file
      iii) source mymenu file
      4) Which ever key word is selected that will replace the highlighted text.

      Do you see any problem with this approach? Do you think it is possible?

      Any kind of help or pointers where I
      can get help is greatly appreciated.

      Thanks a million for you help
      Regards,
      --Murthy

      --
      Murthy R N. moorthy@...
      Asic Product Development Center Texas Instruments India