Segmentation fault when pasting in gvim

  • Per Jönsson
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 27, 2001
      Hello,

      I've recently compiled vim with gui enabled for my linux box, and I run
      it through an x server on my win2k box. Normal operation is just fine,
      but I cannot paste from windows -> gvim. All my efforts result in vim
      crashing, saying "Caught deadly signal SEGV" or something like that.
      This happens both when I use MiddleMouse and when I use <C-R>*.
      Copying from gvim -> windows works perfectly, as well as pasting from
      windows -> xterm.

      I found a posting on yahoo with a patch to 5.0c which would solve this
      exact problem, but as far as I can see, the code in that patch is
      incorporated into normal.c. Btw, I run vim 5.8 with the latest 5 patches
      applied.

      Any ideas?

      Regards,
      Per Jönsson