Alt keys in _vimrc mappings

  • Ondrejko, David
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 1, 2001
      Alt keys in _vimrc mappings

      I'm using Vim 5.8 under Windows 4.0 SP5.  I've tried several different variations, and it seems that if I want to map an Alt-key combination (like Alt-P, for instance), I need to use a *lower case* letter ... meaning that "map <M-p> dd" will work but "map <M-P> dd" will not.  I can also use type Ctrl-V and hit Alt-P, and that works as well.

      Note that the "map <M-P> dd" does *not* map a Shift-Alt-P, either, which would almost make sense.

      Any explanation?  Any pointers in the help files?  I've read through the mapping section twice and didn't see anything about it.

      -- Davyd