redirect on pc

  • Alan C.
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 1, 2001

      Win 2k with Gvim 5.8 I couldn't get redirect to work

      :redirect > c:\myfile.txt

      I also tried (well, :redirect end) and then

      :redirect >> c:\myfile.txt

      (while running perl files I wanted to capture the output and view in 2nd window in vim rather than view in the console's window)

      Do I need add something to an init file? Or?

      Thanks for any help. Alan.
    • Ralf Arens
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 1, 2001
        * Alan C. [2001-06-01 13:22]:

        > Win 2k with Gvim 5.8 I couldn't get redirect to work

        > :redirect > c:\myfile.txt

        :redirect > foo
        Not an editor command: redirect > foo

        :h redir

        Ciao,
        Ralf

        --
        Emacs is a great operating system, but UNIX has a better editor.
        -- source unknown