Programming in C# - looking for syntax file etc.

  • Bernard Vander Beken
    Message 1 of 6 , May 15, 2001
      Hello,
      http://www.csharpindex.com/downloads/tools.asp
      points out there used to be a "C Sharp" syntax file in the past -
      yet the syntax file has gone.
      - Does anybody have and/or maintain a C# syntax file ?
      - Does anybody have a working quickfix setup for the C# compiler?

      TIA,

      Bernard Vander Beken
    • Benji Fisher
      Message 2 of 6 , May 15, 2001
        Bernard Vander Beken wrote:

        > Hello,
        > http://www.csharpindex.com/downloads/tools.asp
        > points out there used to be a "C Sharp" syntax file in the past -
        > yet the syntax file has gone.
        > - Does anybody have and/or maintain a C# syntax file ?
        > - Does anybody have a working quickfix setup for the C# compiler?

        I cannot help with the quickfix setup, but there is a C# syntax file
        included with the alpha versions of vim 6.0: $VIMRUNTIME/syntax/cs.vim .
        Since there was a recent announcement that vim 5.8 includes bug fixes and
        new syntax files, I am guessing that the syntax file will be included in
        the distribution of vim 5.8, which has just entered beta testing.

        HTH --Benji Fisher
      • J. Spetz
        Message 3 of 6 , May 15, 2001
          On Tue, May 15, 2001 at 04:45:21PM -0400, Benji Fisher wrote:
          > Bernard Vander Beken wrote:
          > > http://www.csharpindex.com/downloads/tools.asp
          > > points out there used to be a "C Sharp" syntax file in the past -
          > > yet the syntax file has gone.
          > > - Does anybody have and/or maintain a C# syntax file ?
          > > - Does anybody have a working quickfix setup for the C# compiler?
          > I cannot help with the quickfix setup, but there is a C# syntax file
          > included with the alpha versions of vim 6.0: $VIMRUNTIME/syntax/cs.vim .
          > Since there was a recent announcement that vim 5.8 includes bug fixes and
          > new syntax files, I am guessing that the syntax file will be included in
          > the distribution of vim 5.8, which has just entered beta testing.

          Will there be a syntax file included in vim 5.8 for Delphi? It does
          seem odd for a language still in beta to have its own syntax file then
          not have one for Delphi AKA Kylix which has been around awhile. ;) I
          did post the beginnings of a Delphi syntax file a few months ago. Has
          this been taken up by someone?
        • Benoit Cerrina
          Message 4 of 6 , May 16, 2001
            See :help pascal-syntax, the pascal syntax files has options for Delphi.
            Benoit
            > On Tue, May 15, 2001 at 04:45:21PM -0400, Benji Fisher wrote:
            > > Bernard Vander Beken wrote:
            > > > http://www.csharpindex.com/downloads/tools.asp
            > > > points out there used to be a "C Sharp" syntax file in the past -
            > > > yet the syntax file has gone.
            > > > - Does anybody have and/or maintain a C# syntax file ?
            > > > - Does anybody have a working quickfix setup for the C# compiler?
            > > I cannot help with the quickfix setup, but there is a C# syntax
            file
            > > included with the alpha versions of vim 6.0: $VIMRUNTIME/syntax/cs.vim
            .
            > > Since there was a recent announcement that vim 5.8 includes bug fixes
            and
            > > new syntax files, I am guessing that the syntax file will be included in
            > > the distribution of vim 5.8, which has just entered beta testing.
            >
            > Will there be a syntax file included in vim 5.8 for Delphi? It does
            > seem odd for a language still in beta to have its own syntax file then
            > not have one for Delphi AKA Kylix which has been around awhile. ;) I
            > did post the beginnings of a Delphi syntax file a few months ago. Has
            > this been taken up by someone?
          • Bram Moolenaar
            Message 5 of 6 , May 16, 2001
              Benji Fisher wrote:

              > Bernard Vander Beken wrote:
              > >
              > > Hello,
              > > http://www.csharpindex.com/downloads/tools.asp
              > > points out there used to be a "C Sharp" syntax file in the past -
              > > yet the syntax file has gone.
              > > - Does anybody have and/or maintain a C# syntax file ?
              > > - Does anybody have a working quickfix setup for the C# compiler?
              >
              > I cannot help with the quickfix setup, but there is a C# syntax file
              > included with the alpha versions of vim 6.0: $VIMRUNTIME/syntax/cs.vim .
              > Since there was a recent announcement that vim 5.8 includes bug fixes and
              > new syntax files, I am guessing that the syntax file will be included in
              > the distribution of vim 5.8, which has just entered beta testing.

              Unfortunately, the cs.vim syntax file didn't really work. Therefore I removed
              it. Hopefully someone sends me a C# syntax file that does work.

              --
              An extraordinary TALL KNIGHT in all black (possibly John with Mike on his
              shoulders) walks out from the dark trees. He is extremely fierce and

            • John Benninghoff
              Message 6 of 6 , Aug 9, 2001
                I have quickfix working for the C# compiler. Can someone send me the
                syntax file referenced below. I will try to fix it.

                Does vim 6.0 support gdb integrated debugging?

                -- John Benninghoff