SEGV error

  • Soumitri Soumya Pal
    Message 1 of 2 , May 2, 2001
      When I try to split-open a file through file menu
      in a different directory, my gvim crashes and it gives
      the following message:

      VIM caught deadly signal SEGV

      Can't write viminfo file $HOME/.viminfo!Vim: Finished

      But it works fine if I split-open a file in the
      current directory.

      I am running vim6ab on a Sun solaris.

      -Pal

      http://auctions.yahoo.com/
    • Martin Man
      Message 2 of 2 , May 2, 2001
        On Wed, May 02, 2001 at 10:55:01AM -0700, Soumitri Soumya Pal wrote:
        > Hi,
        > When I try to split-open a file through file menu
        > in a different directory, my gvim crashes and it gives
        > the following message:
        >
        > VIM caught deadly signal SEGV
        >
        > Can't write viminfo file $HOME/.viminfo!Vim: Finished
        >
        > But it works fine if I split-open a file in the
        > current directory.
        >
        > I am running vim6ab on a Sun solaris.

        60ab segfaulted much more often for me on debian-testing, just using 60z and
        now downloaded 60ad to give it a try this evening...

        > -Pal

        martin

        "Only dead fish swims with a stream"
        gpg_key_available: http://globales.cz/~mman/martin.man.gpg
        gpg_key_fingerprint: 2CC0 4AF6 92DA 5CBF 5F09 7BCB 6202 7024 6E06 0223