Re: Mappings for VBlockquote

  • Mark.Thomas@SWFWMD.STATE.FL.US
    Message 1 of 3 , May 2, 2001
      >:vmap qq :call VBlockquote("")<Left><Left>
      This is exactly what I was looking for, works fine.
      Thanks.

      Benji Fisher <benji@...>
      05/01/2001 10:34 PM

      To: Mark.Thomas@...
      cc: vim@...
      Subject: Re: Mappings for VBlockquote

      Mark.Thomas@... wrote:

      > I enjoy using VBlockquote.vim by Ralf Arens and was
      > wondering how I might setup a mapping instead of using
      > :call VBlockquote("title") every time. I'm using Gvim60ac
      > on NT4. Thank you.

      I think the URL for VBlockquote.vim is
      http://home.tu-clausthal.de/~mwra/vim/index.html
      in case anyone is curious.

      If you literally want "title" every time, you can map qq to do the
      dirty work with

      :vmap qq :call VBlockquote("title")<CR>

      or you could use <F2> or whatever instead of qq. If you want to be able
      to enter "title", you could try (untested)

      :vmap qq :call VBlockquote("")<Left><Left>

      or you could define a command (also untested):

      :com! -range -nargs=* VBlockquote <line1>,<line2>call
      VBlockquote(<q-args>)

      (That should all be one line, but my mailer won't let me. :-( )
      Then all you have to type is

      :VB title

      unless you have another command starting VB; in fact, you can probably get

      away with just :V title.

      HTH
      --Benji
      Fisher