Mappings for VBlockquote

  • Mark.Thomas@SWFWMD.STATE.FL.US
    Message 1 of 3 , May 1, 2001
      I enjoy using VBlockquote.vim by Ralf Arens and was
      wondering how I might setup a mapping instead of using
      :call VBlockquote("title") every time. I'm using Gvim60ac
      on NT4. Thank you.
      --
      Mark S. Thomas
      Computer Drafting Technician, Survey Section
      Message 2 of 3 , May 1, 2001
        Mark.Thomas@... wrote:

        > I enjoy using VBlockquote.vim by Ralf Arens and was
        > wondering how I might setup a mapping instead of using
        > :call VBlockquote("title") every time. I'm using Gvim60ac
        > on NT4. Thank you.

        I think the URL for VBlockquote.vim is
        http://home.tu-clausthal.de/~mwra/vim/index.html
        in case anyone is curious.

        If you literally want "title" every time, you can map qq to do the
        dirty work with

        :vmap qq :call VBlockquote("title")<CR>

        or you could use <F2> or whatever instead of qq. If you want to be able
        to enter "title", you could try (untested)

        :vmap qq :call VBlockquote("")<Left><Left>

        or you could define a command (also untested):

        :com! -range -nargs=* VBlockquote <line1>,<line2>call VBlockquote(<q-args>)

        (That should all be one line, but my mailer won't let me. :-( )
        Then all you have to type is

        :VB title

        unless you have another command starting VB; in fact, you can probably get
        away with just :V title.

        HTH
        --Benji Fisher
      • Mark.Thomas@SWFWMD.STATE.FL.US
        Message 3 of 3 , May 2, 2001
          >:vmap qq :call VBlockquote("")<Left><Left>
          This is exactly what I was looking for, works fine.
          Thanks.

          Benji Fisher <benji@...>
          05/01/2001 10:34 PM

          To: Mark.Thomas@...