regex search pattern problem

  • Gary Stainburn
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 30 8:12 AM
      Hi all,

      I've got a log file containing approx 10k lines of whicle most are
      filenames being processed by a batch. These lines have as the 1st
      character either a 'L' or a 'D'. I need a search pattern to go to the
      next non-LD line.

      I've tried variations of

      /!^[LD]

      but nothing seems to work.

      where am I going wrong.

      cheers,
      --
      Gary Stainburn

    • Stefan Roemer
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 30 8:16 AM
        On Mon, Apr 30, 2001, Gary Stainburn wrote:
        > I've got a log file containing approx 10k lines of whicle most are
        > filenames being processed by a batch. These lines have as the 1st
        > character either a 'L' or a 'D'. I need a search pattern to go to the
        > next non-LD line.
        >
        > I've tried variations of
        >
        > /!^[LD]
        >
        > but nothing seems to work.