ctermfg in .vimrc

  • hemant sharma
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 26 7:06 AM
      the following line 34 in my .vimrc does not have any effect, while lines 32, 33 seem to have their effect.
           32 hi Search ctermfg=Yellow
           33 hi Search ctermbg=Blue
           34 hi Comment ctermfg=Cyan
      .. however, inside vim, the same command (line 34) works. I am using Exceed to log into solaris via Xwindows. What should i put in the vimrc to make it work?
    • David Huttleston Jr
      Message 2 of 2 , May 2, 2001
        Hi Hemant,
        I had to use the numeric values for ctermfg colors to get
        consistent behavior. e.g. the lines below are in my
        ~/.vimrc file to override some poor colors wrt my background.

        highlight PreCondit ctermfg=1
        highlight PreProc ctermfg=1

        Good Luck,
        Dave