Re: vim6 and crontab

  • Zdenek Sekera
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 3, 2001
      Rafael Garcia-Suarez wrote:

      > > No, I don't know the answer. Maybe Bram would have an idea for
      > > this one..what has changed from vim5??
      >
      > This situation is explained under :help 'backupcopy' in recent vim 6.0 (I'm
      > using 6.0z). If you don't have it in the help files, you should upgrade
      > your vim 6.0 !

      Thanks! I wasn't aware of this!

      ---Zdenek
    • John Patton
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 3, 2001
        Thanks... that helped alot. I solved the problem by adding
        the following line to my .vimrc file:

        au BufRead /tmp/crontab* set backupcopy=yes

        --
        John Patton patton66@...
        Get my GnuPG public key: finger john@24.22.215.225

        "The mind is not a vessel to be filled but a fire to be
        kindled." - Plutarch