Re: vim6 and crontab

  • Rafael Garcia-Suarez
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 3, 2001
      Zdenek Sekera wrote:

      > > > I am using vim6, also for the same purpose, and no such
      > > > problems, it edits my crontab(s) just fine (this is on IRIX).
      > > > I guess you'll have to give us some more info (O/S?)
      > > >

      > No, I don't know the answer. Maybe Bram would have an idea for
      > this one..what has changed from vim5??

      This situation is explained under :help 'backupcopy' in recent vim 6.0 (I'm
      using 6.0z). If you don't have it in the help files, you should upgrade
      your vim 6.0 !

      --
      Rafael Garcia-Suarez
    • Zdenek Sekera
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 3, 2001
        Rafael Garcia-Suarez wrote:

        > > No, I don't know the answer. Maybe Bram would have an idea for
        > > this one..what has changed from vim5??
        >
        > This situation is explained under :help 'backupcopy' in recent vim 6.0 (I'm
        > using 6.0z). If you don't have it in the help files, you should upgrade
        > your vim 6.0 !

        Thanks! I wasn't aware of this!

        ---Zdenek
      • John Patton
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 3, 2001
          Thanks... that helped alot. I solved the problem by adding
          the following line to my .vimrc file:

          au BufRead /tmp/crontab* set backupcopy=yes

          --
          John Patton patton66@...
          Get my GnuPG public key: finger john@24.22.215.225

          "The mind is not a vessel to be filled but a fire to be
          kindled." - Plutarch