Is this a bug in vim60z?

  • Pritesh Mistry
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 3, 2001
      Dear VIMagicians,

      I have no doubt that Vim is magic. And I finally transitioned into the
      latest
      version successfully & happily. I had been waiting to do that since quite
      some
      time now.

      But, may be a small bug over here. I had it consistently reproducible. This
      is
      with Ron Aaron's latest binary for vim60z on Win2K as well as with those I
      compiled with make_gvc.mak & make_mvc.mak in the src.

      My .cpp file has a line like this (ofcourse, now, this silly structure isn't
      my construct! ;):

      struct LINE {
      char cell[22];
      } Line;

      All I have done is executed:

      :function Foldz()
      : normal mf
      : se foldmethod=indent
      : normal zR
      : se foldmethod=manual
      :endfunction

      with the mapping:

      nmap <C-F3> :exec Foldz()<CR>'f

      And, then those lines look like this:

      struct LINE {
      - char cell[22];
      } Line;

      Now, if I 'V' the three lines & 'zc' or 'zC', the cursor moves to be
      beginning
      of the visual marking without removing the highlighting, and the lines don't
      fold up at the '-'. And, neither escaping nor moving the cursor removes the
      visual highlighting. And, scrolling through the file scrolls the
      highlighting
      as well until it scrolls off the screen.

      However, if I leave the foldmethod as indent, this works perfectly fine as
      expected.

      Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong over here?

      Thanks,