Re: blockwise visual mode in a mapping?

  • Benji Fisher
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 2, 2001
      Peter Bismuti wrote:

      > I can't get blockwise visual mode (CTRL-V) to work in a mapping.
      > Can someone please tell me how I can do this? I'm trying to indent
      > a block of code by using BVM and the "I" command. Perhaps there is
      > a better way of doing this?
      >
      > Thx as always

      Exactly what are you trying to do, and what did you try? I did

      map <F9> 0<C-V>jjI<Tab><Esc>

      and then F9 indented three lines, as expected (starting in Normal mode).
      You could also do

      >2<CR>

      (starting from Normal mode) or

      or lots of other things.

      :help >
      :help :s

      Note that, if you start in Normal mode and type 3: then you get

      :.,.+2

      on the command line automatically.

      HTH
      --Benji Fisher