Re: viminfo file / file marks

  • Benji Fisher
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 2, 2001
      Schuttberg@... wrote:

      > Hello,
      >
      > I d like to understand how to save and re-use file marks in the _viminfo file.
      > If I i.e. open a file C:\Texte\castalia.txt and mark 2 lines with ma and mb,
      > doing ":wv" esults in the entry
      > # File marks:
      > '0 7 4 C:\Texte\castalia.txt
      > '1 6 0 C:\Texte\castalia.txt
      >
      > If I open C:\Texte\castalia.txt again, doing :rv and try 'a or 'b, I only get
      > the message
      > "Mark not set". The same with trying '0 or '1.
      > (gvim Win32 5.6)
      >
      > How can I use the file marks again?
      >
      > Thank you
      >
      > Achim

      Have you tried mA and mB, then 'A and 'B? Re-read

      :help marks

      You seem to have missed the distinction between 'a and 'A. The only thing
      I do not understand is why '0 and '1 do not work. Do you have a viminfo
      file? How is the 'viminfo' option set? If you do

      :marks

      are '0 and '1 and so on listed?

      HTH
      --Benji Fisher