recording a mapping?

  • Peter Bismuti
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 2, 2001
      Can you record a series of keystrokes and dump it to a mapping to
      be placed in a rc file?

      For example:

      vmap ,fork "zdifor (int k=0; k<<C-R>z.length; k++;){<ESC>yyppd$a}<ESC>kd$a

      Could I have created this by recording?

      Thx
      | |
      | Pete Bismuti |
      | Department of Computer Science |
      | Florida State University |
      | bismuti@... (850) 644-6835 |
      |_____________________________________________________________________|
    • Christian J. Robinson
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 2, 2001
        Today, Peter Bismuti wrote:

        > Can you record a series of keystrokes and dump it to a mapping to
        > be placed in a rc file?

        Yes. Check ":help q". It records into a register that you can paste
        or 'play back'.

        > Thx
        > | |
        > | Pete Bismuti |
        > | Department of Computer Science |
        > | Florida State University |
        > | bismuti@... (850) 644-6835 |
        > |_____________________________________________________________________|

        Please keep your signatures to four lines or less, and add a line
        containing "-- " (dash, dash, space) to the beginning of it.

        - Christian

        --
        Junk - stuff we throw away. Stuff - junk we keep.
        Christian J. Robinson <infynity@...> ICQ: 15869262
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 2, 2001
          * Peter Bismuti <bismuti@...> [010403 00:11]:
          > Can you record a series of keystrokes and dump it to a
          > mapping to be placed in a rc file? For example: [...]
          > Could I have created this by recording?

          Yes - see ":help q".

          > | |
          > | Pete Bismuti |
          > | Department of Computer Science |
          > | Florida State University |
          > | bismuti@... (850) 644-6835 |

          | |
          | Pete Bismuti bismuti@... +1 (850) 644-6835 |
          | Department of Computer Science - Florida State University |

          4x80 suffices. Please add sigdashes!

          ELM-2.5.5: ftp://ftp.virginia.edu/pub/elm/elm2.5.5.tar.gz [010214] 605728 bytes

          Sven