Re: Automated methods of generating tags?

  • Timothy Grant
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 28, 2001
      On Tue, Mar 27, 2001 at 11:53:14PM -0800, Scott Johnston wrote:
      > While this doesn't directly address your question
      > of automatically generating tags, Darren has written
      > quite a nice faq entry for considering tag structure
      > in his ctags faq:

      Thanks for the input. I appreciate it.

      My current solution is using autocommands and a little function
      that does nothing other than push tag generation off into the
      background.

      This works quite nicely because my code base is small enough
      that tag generation is fast. As the tagging process becomes too
      long, I will probably write an external shell script that
      checks for a running tag process before starting a new one.

      --
      Stand Fast,
      tjg.

      Timothy Grant tjg@...
      Chief Technology Officer www.exceptionalminds.com
      HyperLINq Technologies, Inc. <>< (503) 246-3630