RE: Gvim and Windows 2000

  • Coen Engelbarts
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 2, 2001
      I would run gvim in verbose mode, e.g. "gvim -V10" and:
      - check that it executes menu.vim
      - check for error messages

      You can change the 10 for more/less verbose output, but I think 10 is about
      right.

      Hope this helps
      Coen

    • Arjona, Ariel
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 2, 2001
        you need to download and install the runtime libraries. vim57rt.zip I think.

      • hemant
        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 2, 2001
          put things in right place and shouldnt be a problem i guess....btw whats the diff bet gvim -v9 and gvim -10 (saw gvim -V9 some days back on the list) and for that matter i guess gvim -V (anything) works..but all lead to one and the same dignostic kinda thing ..can any of u help ..thanx ..hemant

          you need to download and install the runtime libraries. vim57rt.zip I think.

        • Samik Mukherjee
          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 2, 2001
            Thanks Ariel for the suggestion - I did just that. I was tinkering with it
            and also got some help from comp.editors newsgroup.

            Samik

            you need to download and install the runtime libraries. vim57rt.zip I think.

          • Benji Fisher
            Message 5 of 7 , Mar 2, 2001
              > put things in right place and shouldnt be a problem i guess....btw whats the diff bet gvim -v9 and gvim -10 (saw gvim -V9 some days back on the list) and for that
              > matter i guess gvim -V (anything) works..but all lead to one and the same dignostic kinda thing ..can any of u help ..thanx ..hemant

              Please do not post in HTML. Even MS Outlook can be persuaded to
              send plain text.

              According to :help 'verbose' there is no difference between -V9 and
              -V10 (which is the same as -V). The values 1, 8, 9, and 15 are
              different in vim 5.7.

              --Benji Fisher