Re: using a new syntax file

  • William Lee
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 28, 2001
      What I usually do in such cases (where I can't really change the older
      verion of Vim on a particular machine) is to compile a version
      yourself! You can essentially put all vim binary files in your bin
      directory and have a copy of runtime in your home directory. You need
      to set the VIMRUNTIME environment to point to it though.

      Anyway, if you don't want to go through the hassle. Follow Benji's
      advice.

      Will