RE: if_python interface problem

  • Moore, Paul
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 27, 2001
      From: Viktor Lakics [mailto:lakicsv@...]
      > I have vim with +python under linux and NT4.0. Under linux
      > everything is fine, python macros work.
      >
      > The same macros work under NT4.0 if the python code has only built
      > in functions. If I have to import anything, it fails with name
      > error.

      Works fine for me here, using Windows 2000, Vim 6.0w with Python dynamically
      loaded, and ActiveState Python. I just did :py import string.

      > I have the python lib directory in the systen path, I've set
      > PYTHONPATH already, other python scripts (started outside vim)
      > work fine.

      I don't need PYTHONPATH. Why do you? What version of Python are you using?
      Is PYTHONPATH set correctly inside Vim (try :echo $PYTHONPATH).

      > Now what!?

      Check those issues I mentioned, please, and also let me know what version of
      Vim, whether Python is dynamically or statically loaded, and what version of
      Python you are using (whose build, if it's a binary, or whether you did
      anythin special if it's your own build).

      > Any ideas? Is there a special path variable in vim?

      No special variables. Vim+Python needs NO environment variables on my setup
      (although ActiveState Python does set up some registry entries for itself,
      just like BeOpen Python).

      Cheers,
      Paul