howto start the gui when both input and output are not ttys ?

  • Janakiraman .S
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 26, 2001
      Hi,

      Is there a way I can get vim to start a gui when *both* input and output
      are not ttys ?

      Right now I get warning messages like
      Vim: Warning: Output is not to a terminal
      Vim: Warning: Input is not from a terminal

      This happens when some gui application reads the EDITOR variable from my
      ENV and tries to start vim. I usually use the terminal version, and
      hence don't want to set this to gvim.

      --
      :ver
      VIM - Vi IMproved 5.7