Launching VIM by mouse click in Win2000

  • Richard Bash
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 20, 2001
      I just installed Vim 5.7 on a Windows 2000 box. I asked that it enable the
      feature that lets me start gvim by right clicking on the file I want to
      edit, but that feature does not seem to be working. I checked the FAQ, but
      did not see anything that addressed this. Can someone point me in the right
      direction?

      Thanks in advance,
      Richard
    • Pritesh Mistry
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 21, 2001
        Hope you have gvim.exe in your path!
        Cheers,

        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 24, 2001
          > I just installed Vim 5.7 on a Windows 2000 box. I asked that it enable
          the
          > feature that lets me start gvim by right clicking on the file I want to
          > edit, but that feature does not seem to be working. I checked the FAQ,
          but
          > did not see anything that addressed this. Can someone point me in the
          right
          > direction?

          This sounds like you didn't run install.exe (in the vim\vim57 directory).
          Run it. It will ask before overwriting vim\_vimrc. Tell it not to modify
          anything in autoexec.bat. After the install is run, right clicking on a
          file should show an "Edit with Vim" option.

          Bill