Re: pretty print

  • Douglas L . Potts
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 2, 2001
      Quoting Ragnar Beer <rbeer@...>:
      > Howdy!
      >
      > I came to VIM only recently and I like it a lot! One thing I haven't
      > yet found out is how to print syntax-colored code. On XEmacs I used
      > "pretty print" for that. It prints nicely formatted A4 or letter
      > pages with a header and footer, pagenumber and syntax coloring.
      > What's the VIM way to get that kind of prints?
      My favorite (at least for Windoze), which has been sited on this list
      several times, is a little utility called PrintFile from Peter Lerup, at
      http://hem1.passagen.se/ptlerup

      For Unix, I don't have a pretty print one.

      -Doug

      --
      *=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*
      Douglas L. Potts Spectral Systems, Inc. Url: http://www.bigfoot.com/~pottsdl
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 2, 2001
        On Fri, Feb 02, 2001 at 08:29:52AM -0500, dp@...-sys.com wrote:
        > Quoting Ragnar Beer <rbeer@...>:
        > > Howdy!
        > >
        > > I came to VIM only recently and I like it a lot! One thing I haven't
        > > yet found out is how to print syntax-colored code. On XEmacs I used
        > > "pretty print" for that. It prints nicely formatted A4 or letter
        > > pages with a header and footer, pagenumber and syntax coloring.
        > > What's the VIM way to get that kind of prints?
        >
        > For Unix, I don't have a pretty print one.

        For Unix, try looking into a2ps or enscript :

        http://freshmeat.net/projects/a2ps/
        http://freshmeat.net/projects/enscript/

        Cheers
        Richard

        --
        Richard Curnow---by day : SuperH Core Architecture at STMicroelectronics
        curnowr@...---------www.superh.com-------------www.st.com----