Re: engspchk v1.25

  • Walter Briscoe
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 30, 2001
      In article <3A71A46D.1A1F3199@...> of Fri, 26 Jan 2001 11:22:42 in
      !vim, Benji Fisher <fisherbb@...> writes
      [snipped my article]
      > I had a quick look at the script, at
      >
      >http://www.zellner.org/vim/plugin/aspell.vim
      >
      >and it looks as if it should work if you drop it in your plugin
      >directory. (I assume you are using vim 6.0--if not, that is the
      >problem!) I have two suggestions:
      >
      >1. Have a look at the file. Maybe IE did more damage than you know. In
      >fact, if the file's name has changed, it will not be sourced! (It needs
      >to end in ".vim", not ".htm" or whatever.)
      This hit the spot. Thanks for the help. I am looking at Opera!

      I am sorry to have taken so long to check out your kind suggestions. I
      have had horrible problems with segmentation faults in programs which
      could not be loaded by dbx (Solved by correcting LIBPATH) and with a
      test which crashed in Windows but not on AIX.
      (My program was passing a nonsense pointer to free(). AIX was
      untroubled; Windows took exception. I suppose I ought to build with
      something more aggressive. Purify has not been ported to AIX.)
      [snip]
      --
      Walter Briscoe