beginning to unlock secrets

  • Billy N. Patton
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 2, 2001
      I've found out how to change my gvim menus and have gotten a new menu
      to show up. I've even gotten it to execute a cd to some directory.

      What I need to do now is to have the line in my menu load N files into the
      buffer. I've tried :e *.c<CR> :e *.h<CR> :e Makefile<CR>

      but the *.c complains of too many files. Is there a limit to the buffer
      size that I need to change or how would I do this.

      Would it be getter to put a file in that directory that will issue the
      commands to load a buffer ? if so how do I execute this command :so
      <file><CR>

      =========+=========+=========+=========+=========+=========+=========+
      ___ _ ____ ___ __ __
      / _ )(_) / /_ __ / _ \___ _/ /_/ /____ ___
      / _ / / / / // / / ___/ _ `/ __/ __/ _ \/ _ \
      /____/_/_/_/\_, / /_/ \_,_/\__/\__/\___/_//_/
      /___/
      Texas Instruments ASIC Circuit Design Methology Group
      Dallas, Texas
      214-480-4455
      bpatton@...
      =========+=========+=========+=========+=========+=========+=========+
    • Benji Fisher
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 2, 2001
        "Billy N. Patton" wrote:

        > I've found out how to change my gvim menus and have gotten a new menu
        > to show up. I've even gotten it to execute a cd to some directory.
        >
        > What I need to do now is to have the line in my menu load N files into the
        > buffer. I've tried :e *.c<CR> :e *.h<CR> :e Makefile<CR>
        >
        > but the *.c complains of too many files. Is there a limit to the buffer
        > size that I need to change or how would I do this.
        >
        > Would it be getter to put a file in that directory that will issue the
        > commands to load a buffer ? if so how do I execute this command :so
        > <file><CR>

        It seems to me that you have answered your last question yourself.
        All you have to do is decide on the name of the file. Something like

        :so Session.vim<CR>

        should work. Have a look at

        :help mksession

        and follow the link to