Re: gvim/Win32 and screen readers

  • Benji Fisher
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 30, 2000
      Tomas Valusek wrote:

      > Hello,
      >
      > Screen readers use a caret (Windows' text cursor) for navigation inside
      > documents. gvim doesn't seem to use caret, so it's impossible to use screen
      > reader's features such as goto cursor, read rest of document etc.
      >
      > Is there a screen reader enabled gvim for Win32?
      >
      > Tomas Valusek

      If I understand you, you want to change how the cursor is represented
      on the screen. This is controlled by the 'guicursor' option. I do not
      think you can specify a character for the cursor, but have a look at

      :help guicursor

      and see if there is anything you can do that helps. For example, the vim
      cursor in Insert mode looks like the Windows cursor, and you could use the
      same cursor in all modes, if "looks like" is good enough.

      HTH --Benji Fisher