intellimouse, and Exceed

  • John O'Brien
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 27, 2000
      I access a Solaris server using Hummingbird Exceed v 6.0.2. I run gvim 5.7
      on the server. I have a Microsoft Intellimouse with a wheel. gvim will
      process wheel 'clicks' correctly, but it does not correctly handle scrolling
      the wheel. This is only with the Unix gvim run under exceed; when using the
      PC version of gvim, scrolling the wheel works properly. Has anybody gotten
      wheel scrolling working with Exceed?

      John O'Brien
    • Benji Fisher
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 27, 2000
        John O'Brien wrote:

        > I access a Solaris server using Hummingbird Exceed v 6.0.2. I run gvim 5.7
        > on the server. I have a Microsoft Intellimouse with a wheel. gvim will
        > process wheel 'clicks' correctly, but it does not correctly handle scrolling
        > the wheel. This is only with the Unix gvim run under exceed; when using the
        > PC version of gvim, scrolling the wheel works properly. Has anybody gotten
        > wheel scrolling working with Exceed?
        >
        > John O'Brien

        Have you read

        :help intellimouse

        yet? Maybe you need to add Exceed, as well as gvim, to the list of
        programs that do whatever it is with the wheel....

        HTH --Benji Fisher
      • John O'Brien
        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 28, 2000
          Tried that, it didn't help. I did read :help intellimouse. The problem
          is not with vim; as far as I can tell, Exceed just isn't doing anything with
          mouse wheel scrolling events, and Exceed's on line help doesn't mention
          wheel scrolling.

          John O'Brien

        • Ronald Schild
          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 28, 2000
            John O'Brien <mailto:jobrien@...> wrote:

            | Tried that, it didn't help. I did read :help intellimouse. The problem
            | is not with vim; as far as I can tell, Exceed just isn't doing anything
            | with mouse wheel scrolling events, and Exceed's on line help doesn't
            | mention wheel scrolling.
            |
            | John O'Brien
            |
            | > From: Benji Fisher [mailto:fisherbb@...]
            | >
            | > :help intellimouse
            | >
            | > yet? Maybe you need to add Exceed, as well as gvim, to the list of
            | > programs that do whatever it is with the wheel....

            AFAIK Exceed supports mouse wheel action in version 7.0. My version (6.0.1)
            does not anyway.
            You can check it for you version with the xev program. Move the wheel while
            the pointer is within the Event Tester window and see what happens.

            I think I have to convince my boss to purchase an update.

            Ronald
            Ronald Schild
            at work: mailto:rs@...
            private: mailto:rs@...