Re: how to setup a timer?

  • Stephen.Riehm@varetis.de
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 22, 2000
      Why do you want to do that in vim? in 30 seconds you don't have any time to
      do any editing?
      Have you tried less and then the F command? You can break out with ctrl-c
      and page around, search etc. Hitting F again brings you back to the bottom
      of the file.

      just an alternative suggestion.

      Steve

      "Jay Glanville"
      <dickon@nortelnet To: "Vim Mailing List (Text)" <vim@...>
      works.com> cc:
      Subject: how to setup a timer?
      15.12.2000 22:22

      How do I set up a timer to do a task every x seconds?

      What I want to do is run the following command: ":e<CR>G" every 30 seconds.
      In other words, I want Vim to act like a tail -f command.

      -----
      Jay Dickon Glanville
      P068 - SiteManager Development, Nortel Networks
      613-765-1144 (ESN 395-1144)
      MS: 045/55/A05
      E-Mail: dickon@...