Re: Switching between modified buffers

  • G.B.Stott@bolton.ac.uk
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 12, 2000
      Hi there,

      > I think you want the 'hidden' option. Read
      >
      > :help hidden

      Many thanks to Benji for sorting out my problem. In fact there was a bonus
      in what he wrote.

      In trying to solve the problem myself, I had first tried:

      :help buffer

      and while looking through the help there (in file windows.txt.gz) I did a
      search for 'hidden'.

      My big mistake was in thinking that what I read there about "'hidden'" was
      all that vim documentation said about it. Benji's suggestion showed this to
      be false and got me looking in options.txt.gz.

      Many thanks again, Benji.

      Barrie.