copy to * register

  • Or Freund
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 6, 2000
      is it possible to map the mouse selected text directly to the * register
      so I can use the selected text as it is in other terminals (i mean
      clicking on middle button will paste the selected text to the selected
      window _)
      thanks in advance
      or.
      --

      Or Freund ofreund@... \\\|///
      Validation \\ - - //
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 6, 2000
        Hello,

        i dont know why, but it works on my win2k Vim 6.0n box ( and it worked
        on all other versions)... it even works on gvim -u NONE.

        i wonder if there are any options that would turn it off, which
        is what you did. does it work if you start gVim as gvim -u NONE?

        hth,

        denis

        On Wed, 6 Dec 2000, Or Freund wrote:

        > is it possible to map the mouse selected text directly to the * register
        > so I can use the selected text as it is in other terminals (i mean
        > clicking on middle button will paste the selected text to the selected
        > window _)
        > thanks in advance
        > or.
        > --
        >
        > Or Freund ofreund@... \\\|///
        > Validation \\ - - //
        > ( 0 0 )
        > Phone 972-4-9594010-106 -oOOo-(_)-oOOo-

      • Benji Fisher
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 6, 2000
          "PERELYUBSKIY,DENIS" wrote:

          > Hello,
          >
          > i dont know why, but it works on my win2k Vim 6.0n box ( and it worked
          > on all other versions)... it even works on gvim -u NONE.
          >
          > i wonder if there are any options that would turn it off, which
          > is what you did. does it work if you start gVim as gvim -u NONE?
          >
          > hth,
          >
          > denis
          >
          > On Wed, 6 Dec 2000, Or Freund wrote:
          >
          > > is it possible to map the mouse selected text directly to the * register
          > > so I can use the selected text as it is in other terminals (i mean
          > > clicking on middle button will paste the selected text to the selected
          > > window _)
          > > thanks in advance
          > > or.
          > > --

          I think this is governed by the "a" flag in the 'go' option:

          :help guioptions

          HTH --Benji Fisher