go to the matching brace

  • Arjona, Ariel
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 6, 2000
      I'm wondering if there's already some way to modify the command % that makes
      the cursor go the the next matching parenthesis or brace, so it goes to the
      next closing HTML tag. like from <table border="0" cellpadding="3"> to the
      matching </table>.

      Ariel Arjona
      Webmaster
      http://www.banistmo.com (aarjona@...)
      ~
      ~
      :wq
    • Dr. Charles E. Campbell
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 6, 2000
        Thus saith Arjona, Ariel:
        > I'm wondering if there's already some way to modify the command % that makes
        > the cursor go the the next matching parenthesis or brace, so it goes to the
        > next closing HTML tag. like from <table border="0" cellpadding="3"> to the
        > matching </table>.

        Check out Benji Fisher's http://sites.netscape.net/bbenjif/vim
        site out for <matchit.vim>.

        Regards,