A New Vim T-Shirt

  • Thomas Hobohm
    Message 1 of 7 , Jul 24, 2014
      I've personally designed a new Vim T-Shirt which is designed to be No-Nonsense, affordable, and great-looking. I created it because I was frustrated with how expensive available T-Shirts were. It needs to sell fifty units on Teespring to be printed. Here's the link: http://teespring.com/vimshirt.

      Message 2 of 7 , Jul 26, 2014
        On 25/07/14 04:10, Thomas Hobohm wrote:
        > I've personally designed a new Vim T-Shirt which is designed to be No-Nonsense, affordable, and great-looking. I created it because I was frustrated with how expensive available T-Shirts were. It needs to sell fifty units on Teespring to be printed. Here's the link: http://teespring.com/vimshirt.

        Hm, shouldn't that kind of stuff sponsor the Kibaale project? And
        shouldn't you have requested Bram's permission _before_ putting these
        T-shirts up for sale?

        There is nothing so easy but that it becomes difficult when you do it
        reluctantly.
        -- Publius Terentius Afer (Terence)

      • Thomas Hobohm
        Message 3 of 7 , Jul 26, 2014
          I'm fine with sending the profits to the Kibaale project. It's not really a for-profit thing, I just wanted to get a T-shirt and I couldn't find anything I wanted. Just tell me how to donate and I'm game.

          Since the logo's "open-source", I figured it wouldn't be a problem. There's plenty of other people who sell their own vim t-shirts. If you can give me a way to contact Bram, I'll send him a message and make sure it's okay. I couldn't find his contact info with a quick glance at vim.org.

          Message 4 of 7 , Jul 27, 2014
            On 27/07/14 04:08, Thomas Hobohm wrote:
            > I'm fine with sending the profits to the Kibaale project. It's not really a for-profit thing, I just wanted to get a T-shirt and I couldn't find anything I wanted. Just tell me how to donate and I'm game.

            :help iccf-donations
            :help sponsor
            http://www.vim.org/sponsor/

            Also, :help sponsor.txt and :help uganda.txt will give you more details
            about what this charity project of Bram's is all about, and about how
            you can help it (and Vim).

            > Since the logo's "open-source", I figured it wouldn't be a problem. There's plenty of other people who sell their own vim t-shirts. If you can give me a way to contact Bram, I'll send him a message and make sure it's okay. I couldn't find his contact info with a quick glance at vim.org.

            Open source doesn't mean anyone can do anything with it. The logo, in
            particular, is also a trademark, and there have been trademark battles
            in the past in other open-source projects, e.g. between Mozilla and Debian.

            The From-line on any of Bram's posts would have told you his email
            address: bram@...

            132. You come back and check this list every half-hour.

          • Thomas Hobohm
            Message 5 of 7 , Jul 27, 2014
              On Sunday, July 27, 2014 2:55:00 AM UTC-5, Tony Mechelynck wrote:
              > On 27/07/14 04:08, Thomas Hobohm wrote:
              >
              > > I'm fine with sending the profits to the Kibaale project. It's not really a for-profit thing, I just wanted to get a T-shirt and I couldn't find anything I wanted. Just tell me how to donate and I'm game.
              >

              > :help iccf-donations
              >
              > :help sponsor
              >
              > http://www.vim.org/sponsor/
              >

              > Also, :help sponsor.txt and :help uganda.txt will give you more details
              >
              > about what this charity project of Bram's is all about, and about how
              >
              > you can help it (and Vim).
              >

              > > Since the logo's "open-source", I figured it wouldn't be a problem. There's plenty of other people who sell their own vim t-shirts. If you can give me a way to contact Bram, I'll send him a message and make sure it's okay. I couldn't find his contact info with a quick glance at vim.org.
              >

              > Open source doesn't mean anyone can do anything with it. The logo, in
              >
              > particular, is also a trademark, and there have been trademark battles
              >
              > in the past in other open-source projects, e.g. between Mozilla and Debian.
              >

              > The From-line on any of Bram's posts would have told you his email
              >
              > address: bram@...
              >

              > Best regards,
              >
              > Tony.

              > 132. You come back and check this list every half-hour.

              Alright, I've emailed Bram. If he says I'm not allowed to sell the shirt then I'll pull it down. Otherwise I'll tell you guys here.

            • Thomas Hobohm
              Message 6 of 7 , Jul 27, 2014
                On Thursday, July 24, 2014 9:10:24 PM UTC-5, Thomas Hobohm wrote:
                > I've personally designed a new Vim T-Shirt which is designed to be No-Nonsense, affordable, and great-looking. I created it because I was frustrated with how expensive available T-Shirts were. It needs to sell fifty units on Teespring to be printed. Here's the link: http://teespring.com/vimshirt.

                I've got complete permission from Bram! All proceeds will go to Kibaale.

              • Asis Hallab
                Message 7 of 7 , Jul 28, 2014
                  > On Thursday, July 24, 2014 9:10:24 PM UTC-5, Thomas Hobohm wrote:
                  >> I've personally designed a new Vim T-Shirt which is designed to be No-Nonsense, affordable, and great-looking. I created it because I was frustrated with how expensive available T-Shirts were. It needs to sell fifty units on Teespring to be printed. Here's the link: http://teespring.com/vimshirt.
                  >
                  > I've got complete permission from Bram! All proceeds will go to Kibaale.

                  Great. I ordered one in black. Nice clean design, by the way. Looks
                  like a fresh vim session in a full screen terminal.

                  Thanks and Cheers!