wrap text by command

  • Giuseppe Lo Brutto
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 22, 2014
      Hi all,
      I'm wondering if there is a way to surround a line or a block of text by a snippet in php code.
      For example I wuold like to surround a number of lines of code by a try catch block or an if else or even a function definition.

      THX in advance

      G.

    • C K Kashyap
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 22, 2014
        Would this work for you -

        Select the region that you need to surround using V and then hit > to right shift the region

        Regards,
        Kashyap

        On Tue, Jul 22, 2014 at 1:58 PM, Giuseppe Lo Brutto <giuseppelobrutto@...> wrote:
        Hi all,
        I'm wondering if there is a way to surround a line or a block of text by a snippet in php code.
        For example I wuold like to surround a number of lines of code by a try catch block or an if else or even a function definition.

        THX in advance

        G.

      • Ethan Hereth
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 22, 2014
          On Tue, Jul 22, 2014 at 4:58 AM, C K Kashyap <ckkashyap@...> wrote:
          > Would this work for you -
          >
          > Select the region that you need to surround using V and then hit > to right
          > shift the region
          >
          > Regards,
          > Kashyap
          >

          > On Tue, Jul 22, 2014 at 1:58 PM, Giuseppe Lo Brutto
          > <giuseppelobrutto@...> wrote:
          >>
          >> Hi all,
          >> I'm wondering if there is a way to surround a line or a block of text by a
          >> snippet in php code.
          >> For example I wuold like to surround a number of lines of code by a try
          >> catch block or an if else or even a function definition.
          >>
          >> THX in advance
          >>
          >> G.

          Have you looked into the Ultisnips plugin?
          (https://github.com/SirVer/ultisnips) While it might be a little
          complicated to set up and get accustomed to, it offers a solution to
          this question. Specifically, look in its documentation for "Visual
          Placeholder" (section 4.3 of its help or :help
          UltiSnips-visual-placeholder)

          Cheers,

          Ethan Alan
          >> --
          >> --
          >>
          >> ---

          > ---

        • Giuseppe Lo Brutto
          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 23, 2014
            On Tuesday, July 22, 2014 10:28:32 AM UTC+2, Giuseppe Lo Brutto wrote:
            > Hi all,
            > I'm wondering if there is a way to surround a line or a block of text by a snippet in php code.
            > For example I wuold like to surround a number of lines of code by a try catch block or an if else or even a function definition.
            >
            > THX in advance
            >
            > G.

            Is https://github.com/SirVer/ultisnips the only solution?

          • Giuseppe Lo Brutto