screen draw problem and EasyTags question

  • billy pilgrim
    Message 1 of 3 , May 28, 2014
      I am running V7.3 (Huge version with GTK2-GNOME GUI on Ubuntu 12.04 (LTS), and upon occasion when I page down, or up, there are a few lines (~2) that do not get drawn. When I move the cursor over them, they are (re)drawn, but not initially. I have never had this problem with vim before, despite a couple of decades of use. This is not a huge problem, but it is irritating. Anyone have any ideas?

      Also, I am using the EasyTags plugin (which is quite good, I think), and have a problem: I am rewriting a program, and will frequently pull up the original to see what they thought they were doing, and then the functions in that file get pulled into the tag file (which I don't want). Anyone know a) if that can be stopped, or b) where the tagfile is kept so I can delete them manually? I did email the plugin author, but I haven't received a response yet.

      Thank you very much,
      :bp:

    • Charles Campbell
      Message 2 of 3 , May 28, 2014
        billy pilgrim wrote:
        > I am running V7.3 (Huge version with GTK2-GNOME GUI on Ubuntu 12.04 (LTS), and upon occasion when I page down, or up, there are a few lines (~2) that do not get drawn. When I move the cursor over them, they are (re)drawn, but not initially. I have never had this problem with vim before, despite a couple of decades of use. This is not a huge problem, but it is irritating. Anyone have any ideas?

        Do you mean that you're getting blank lines, or perhaps no syntax
        highlighting? If the latter, what filetype are you using? This latter
        situation may be caused by synchronization (:help syn-sync). If the
        first meaning is intended, then are you using vim or gvim? Are you using
        fullscreen and a large monitor? (I'm wondering if there's a terminal
        refresh issue involved).

        Regards,
        C Campbell

      • Billy Pilgrim
        Message 3 of 3 , May 28, 2014
          On 05/28/2014 03:36 PM, Charles Campbell wrote:
          > billy pilgrim wrote:
          >> I am running V7.3 (Huge version with GTK2-GNOME GUI on Ubuntu 12.04
          >> (LTS), and upon occasion when I page down, or up, there are a few
          >> lines (~2) that do not get drawn. When I move the cursor over them,
          >> they are (re)drawn, but not initially. I have never had this problem
          >> with vim before, despite a couple of decades of use. This is not a
          >> huge problem, but it is irritating. Anyone have any ideas?
          >>
          > Do you mean that you're getting blank lines, or perhaps no syntax
          > highlighting? If the latter, what filetype are you using? This
          > latter situation may be caused by synchronization (:help syn-sync). If
          > the first meaning is intended, then are you using vim or gvim? Are you
          > using fullscreen and a large monitor? (I'm wondering if there's a
          > terminal refresh issue involved).
          >
          > Regards,
          > C Campbell

          I mean that I'm getting blank lines, and I am using gvim. It is a large
          monitor( 27"), but not quite full screen. The resolution is 1920 x
          1080. I recently changed to the GEFORCE GT 630 video card from NVidia.

          Thanks for your help,

          :bp: