Question about Vim logo

  • 亀田義裕
    Message 1 of 10 , Apr 2, 2014
      Hi, Bram.

      I made some goods using Vim logo, and I want to sell them.

      https://suzuri.jp/kmdsbng/

      I will donate all of amount sold that I receive to Uganda via ICCF,
      and I announce this in Japanese on product pages.

      I deemed that I could make these goods using Vim logo
      because Vim logo is provided under VIM LICENSE.

      But some Japanese Vim users adviced me that VIM LICENCE
      may not apply to Vim logo because Vim logo
      is not Vim code.

      So I want to know that this case is allowed.

      I describe what I will do:
      * I want to some goods using Vim logo. And I want to
      sell them. This products are made by Suzuri web service.
      * I will donate all of amount sold I received.
      I will receive 500 JPY per one item sold.
      * I will report the balance on my blog.

      Thank you.

      --------
      Yoshihiro Kameda (kmdsbng)

    • Bram Moolenaar
      Message 2 of 10 , Apr 2, 2014
        Yoshihiro -

        > I made some goods using Vim logo, and I want to sell them.
        >
        > https://suzuri.jp/kmdsbng/
        >
        > I will donate all of amount sold that I receive to Uganda via ICCF,
        > and I announce this in Japanese on product pages.
        >

        > I deemed that I could make these goods using Vim logo
        > because Vim logo is provided under VIM LICENSE.
        >
        > But some Japanese Vim users adviced me that VIM LICENCE
        > may not apply to Vim logo because Vim logo
        > is not Vim code.
        >
        > So I want to know that this case is allowed.
        >
        > I describe what I will do:
        > * I want to some goods using Vim logo. And I want to
        > sell them. This products are made by Suzuri web service.
        > * I will donate all of amount sold I received.
        > I will receive 500 JPY per one item sold.
        > * I will report the balance on my blog.

        Thank you for doing this. Yes, it's certainly allowed to use the Vim
        logo for promotion like this. And giving the profites to help the
        children in Uganda is very kind of you!

        When it's all setup, I could add a link from the vim.org pages.

        I'm going to visit the project in the coming weeks. If you want to get
        updates for news, subscribe to the maillist:
        https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/iccf-holland

        - Bram

        --
        For a moment, nothing happened.
        Then, after a second or so, nothing continued to happen.

      • Gary Johnson
        Message 3 of 10 , Apr 2, 2014
          On 2014-04-02, 亀田義裕 wrote:
          > Hi, Bram.
          >
          > I made some goods using Vim logo, and I want to sell them.
          >
          > https://suzuri.jp/kmdsbng/
          >
          > I will donate all of amount sold that I receive to Uganda via ICCF,
          > and I announce this in Japanese on product pages.

          Is there any reasonable way to purchase these from the U.S.?

          Regards,
          Gary

        • 亀田義裕
          Message 4 of 10 , Apr 2, 2014
            Hi, Bram.

            > Thank you for doing this. Yes, it's certainly allowed to use the Vim
            >
            > logo for promotion like this. And giving the profites to help the
            >
            > children in Uganda is very kind of you!

            Thank you!

            > When it's all setup, I could add a link from the vim.org pages.

            Great! When I ready all, I inform you it on this maillist.
            Perhaps I can do this in few days.

            Thank you again!

            2014年4月3日木曜日 4時05分45秒 UTC+9 Bram Moolenaar:
            > Yoshihiro -
            >

            > > I made some goods using Vim logo, and I want to sell them.
            >

            > > https://suzuri.jp/kmdsbng/
            >

            > > I will donate all of amount sold that I receive to Uganda via ICCF,
            >
            > > and I announce this in Japanese on product pages.
            >

            > > I deemed that I could make these goods using Vim logo
            >
            > > because Vim logo is provided under VIM LICENSE.
            >

            > > But some Japanese Vim users adviced me that VIM LICENCE
            >
            > > may not apply to Vim logo because Vim logo
            >
            > > is not Vim code.
            >

            > > So I want to know that this case is allowed.
            >

            > > I describe what I will do:
            >
            > > * I want to some goods using Vim logo. And I want to
            >
            > > sell them. This products are made by Suzuri web service.
            >
            > > * I will donate all of amount sold I received.
            >
            > > I will receive 500 JPY per one item sold.
            >
            > > * I will report the balance on my blog.
            >

            > Thank you for doing this. Yes, it's certainly allowed to use the Vim
            >
            > logo for promotion like this. And giving the profites to help the
            >
            > children in Uganda is very kind of you!
            >

            > When it's all setup, I could add a link from the vim.org pages.
            >

            > I'm going to visit the project in the coming weeks. If you want to get
            >
            > updates for news, subscribe to the maillist:
            >
            > https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/iccf-holland
            >

            > - Bram
            >

            > --
            >
            > For a moment, nothing happened.
            >
            > Then, after a second or so, nothing continued to happen.
            >
            > -- Douglas Adams, "The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy"

          • 亀田義裕
            Message 5 of 10 , Apr 2, 2014
              > Thank you for doing this. Yes, it's certainly allowed to use the Vim
              >
              > logo for promotion like this. And giving the profites to help the
              >
              > children in Uganda is very kind of you!

              Thank you. I understand.

              > When it's all setup, I could add a link from the vim.org pages.

              Great! When I readay all, I inform you it.
              Perhaps, I can do it in few days.

              Thank you again!

            • 亀田義裕
              Message 6 of 10 , Apr 2, 2014
                Hi, Gary.

                > Is there any reasonable way to purchase these from the U.S.?

                I don't know.
                But, I try to ask Suzuri support how to purchase items from the U.S. .

                Message 7 of 10 , Apr 2, 2014
                  亀田義裕 <kameda.sbng@...> [14-04-03 04:12]:
                  > Hi, Gary.
                  >
                  > > Is there any reasonable way to purchase these from the U.S.?
                  >
                  > I don't know.
                  > But, I try to ask Suzuri support how to purchase items from the U.S. .

                  Hi,

                  Is there any reasonable way to purchase items from Germany also ?
                  Thank you very much for any help in advance!
                  Best regards,
                  mcc

                  > ---

                • 亀田義裕
                  Message 8 of 10 , Apr 4, 2014
                    Hi, Bram.

                    Now, I am ready to sell Vim items.
                    I'm glad If you'll link to my site.

                    https://suzuri.jp/kmdsbng

                    Hi, Gary.
                    Hi, mcc.

                    I asked to SUZURI support how to purchase from outside Japan.
                    But they answered that SUZURI currently only support purchase from Japan.
                    I'm sorry.

                  • Gary Johnson
                    Message 9 of 10 , Apr 4, 2014
                      On 2014-04-04, 亀田義裕 wrote:

                      > Hi, Gary.
                      > Hi, mcc.
                      >
                      > I asked to SUZURI support how to purchase from outside Japan.
                      > But they answered that SUZURI currently only support purchase from Japan.
                      > I'm sorry.

                      That's too bad. Those are nice looking items, especially the cup.
                      Thank you for asking.

                      Regards,
                      Gary

                    • Bram Moolenaar
                      Message 10 of 10 , Apr 5, 2014
                        Kameda Sbng wrote:

                        > Now, I am ready to sell Vim items.
                        > I'm glad If you'll link to my site.
                        >
                        > https://suzuri.jp/kmdsbng
                        >

                        > Hi, Gary.
                        > Hi, mcc.
                        >
                        > I asked to SUZURI support how to purchase from outside Japan.
                        > But they answered that SUZURI currently only support purchase from Japan.
                        > I'm sorry.

                        I have added a link on vim.org.

                        --
                        "You know, it's at times like this when I'm trapped in a Vogon airlock with
                        a man from Betelgeuse and about to die of asphyxiation in deep space that I