How to copy to vim runtime directories ?

  • Arup Rakshit
    Message 1 of 9 , Mar 26, 2014
      How to copy to all vimruntime directories ? I want to copy *after/* directory from here - https://github.com/sunaku/vim-ruby-minitest to my Vim runtime directories.

    • Christian Brabandt
      Message 2 of 9 , Mar 26, 2014
        On Mi, 26 Mär 2014, Arup Rakshit wrote:

        > How to copy to all vimruntime directories ? I want to copy *after/* directory from here - https://github.com/sunaku/vim-ruby-minitest to my Vim runtime directories.

        What makes you think, git clone doesn't work for you? Alternatively
        download the zip file.

        Best,
        Christian
        --
        Letzte Worte eines Chemikers:
        "*H* steht für Stickstoff - und das brennt *nicht*."

      • Arup Rakshit
        Message 3 of 9 , Mar 26, 2014
          Hello,

          I was missing something with this one. I did it using vundle.. :)

          On Thu, Mar 27, 2014 at 1:27 AM, Christian Brabandt <cblists@...> wrote:

          On Mi, 26 Mär 2014, Arup Rakshit wrote:

          > How to copy to all vimruntime directories ? I want to copy *after/* directory from here - https://github.com/sunaku/vim-ruby-minitest to my Vim runtime directories.

          What makes you think, git clone doesn't work for you? Alternatively
          download the zip file.

          Best,
          Christian
          --
          Letzte Worte eines Chemikers:
            "*H* steht für Stickstoff - und das brennt *nicht*."

          *Warm Regards,*

          *Arup Rakshit*
          *Software Engineer*

        • Christian Brabandt
          Message 4 of 9 , Mar 26, 2014
            Hi Arup!

            On Do, 27 Mär 2014, Arup Rakshit wrote:

            > I was missing something with this one. I did it using *vundle*.. :)

            You might want to consider to opening an issue at that plugins page to
            clarify how to install this plugin.

            Best,
            Christian

          • Arup Rakshit
            Message 5 of 9 , Mar 26, 2014
              Will it be a valid issue post then ? If so then I will do definitely.. I am very new in this area..

              Message 6 of 9 , Mar 26, 2014
                On 26/03/14 22:57, Arup Rakshit wrote:
                > Will it be a valid issue post then ? If so then I will do definitely.. I
                > am very new in this area..

                IMHO, if the plugin's README doesn't say, and say clearly, how the
                plugin should be installed, then there's a documentation bug in the
                plugin. You might try discussing the case with the plugin's
                maintainer(s), or even opening an issue on the plugin's github page.

                Five people -- an Englishman, Russian, American, Frenchman and Irishman
                were each asked to write a book on elephants. Some amount of time later
                they
                had all completed their respective books. The Englishman's book was
                entitled
                "The Elephant -- How to Collect Them", the Russian's "The Elephant --
                Vol. I",
                the American's "The Elephant -- How to Make Money from Them", the
                Frenchman's
                "The Elephant -- Its Mating Habits" and the Irishman's "The Elephant and
                Irish Political History".

              • Arup Rakshit

                  Message 8 of 9 , Mar 27, 2014
                    Please, as the signature that is appended at each message, states trim
                    quotes and answer
                    below to what you are refering to. This is general list consensus here,
                    since top
                    quoting style is hard to read and usually bad style.

                    Am 2014-03-26 22:57, schrieb Arup Rakshit:

                    > Will it be a valid issue post then ? If so then I will do definitely..
                    > I am very new in this area..

                    You should open an issue, if from the project description it is unclear
                    how to "activate" that
                    plugin. It's not like this is an issue that would be hard to fix for the
                    author and clear
                    documentation is essential for any project.

                    Best,
                    Christian

                  • Arup Rakshit