Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.
 

customize indentation

Expand Messages
  • Arup Rakshit
    Hi, I wanted to my vim to configure in a way, so that I can see the indentation correctly happening or not. I mean if it is really 2 spaces or more. Suppose,
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 21, 2014
      Hi,

      I wanted to my vim to configure in a way, so that I can see the indentation correctly happening or not. I mean if it is really 2 spaces or more.

      Suppose, when I will be writing my code, Like below :

      class Foo
      . .def foo
      . . . .x = 10
      . . . . y = 12
      . .end
      end

      The dots I used, to show my need, but I don't want really to print dots. I am looking for something like that.

      Looking at the dot counts, I can confirm yes my indentation is perfect.

      Is that can be done ?

      --
      --
      You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
      Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
      For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

      ---
      You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
      To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@....
      For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
    • Erik Christiansen
      ... If tabs are used, not just an amorphous pile of spaces, then indentation information exists in the file. Then, as partially described in ... so that: class
      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 22, 2014
        On 21.03.14 10:58, Arup Rakshit wrote:
        > I wanted to my vim to configure in a way, so that I can see the
        > indentation correctly happening or not. I mean if it is really 2
        > spaces or more.

        > Suppose, when I will be writing my code, Like below :
        >
        > class Foo
        > . .def foo
        > . . . .x = 10
        > . . . . y = 12
        > . .end
        > end

        If tabs are used, not just an amorphous pile of spaces, then indentation
        information exists in the file. Then, as partially described in
        ":h listchars", we can:

        :set tabstop=2 sw=2 noexpandtab
        :set listchars+=tab:>-
        :set list

        so that:

        class Foo
        def foo
        x = 10
        y = 12
        end
        end

        gains a blue ">-" for each tab present. Visually scanning the columns of
        ">" is much quicker than counting dots. Changing the listchars to tab:!-
        makes that even easier, I find. (Attempting tab:|- generates an error.)

        If you have autoindent enabled, you will also see those ">-" appear.

        To turn off the indication:

        :set nolist

        It may be convenient to map these on and off operations to e.g. F1,F2.

        Is that close enough?

        Erik

        --
        It is not possible to have a democracy if we have to protect our users from the
        government. The government has done itself a tremendous disservice and we need
        to have a debate about it, - Larry Page, at TED, where Edward Snowden appeared.
        <http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-26658892>

        --
        --
        You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
        Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
        For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

        ---
        You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
        To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@....
        For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
      • Arup Rakshit
        Hi, You can see my .vimrc content here - https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/vim_use/zy2yUzWsD9U I am not using *tab* for indentation, rather 2 space
        Message 3 of 10 , Mar 22, 2014
          Hi,

          You can see my .vimrc content here - https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/vim_use/zy2yUzWsD9U

          I am not using *tab* for indentation, rather 2 space indentation. Could you tell me what to change in my .vimrc file ?


          > If tabs are used, not just an amorphous pile of spaces, then indentation
          >
          > information exists in the file. Then, as partially described in
          >
          > ":h listchars", we can:
          >
          >
          >
          > :set tabstop=2 sw=2 noexpandtab
          >
          > :set listchars+=tab:>-
          >
          > :set list
          >
          >
          >
          > so that:
          >
          >
          >
          > class Foo
          >
          > def foo
          >
          > x = 10
          >
          > y = 12
          >
          > end
          >
          > end
          >
          >
          >
          > gains a blue ">-" for each tab present. Visually scanning the columns of
          >
          > ">" is much quicker than counting dots. Changing the listchars to tab:!-
          >
          > makes that even easier, I find. (Attempting tab:|- generates an error.)
          >
          >
          >
          > If you have autoindent enabled, you will also see those ">-" appear.
          >
          >
          >
          > To turn off the indication:
          >
          >
          >
          > :set nolist
          >
          >
          >
          > It may be convenient to map these on and off operations to e.g. F1,F2.
          >
          >
          >
          > Is that close enough?
          >
          >
          >
          > Erik
          >
          >
          >
          > --
          >
          > It is not possible to have a democracy if we have to protect our users from the
          >
          > government. The government has done itself a tremendous disservice and we need
          >
          > to have a debate about it, - Larry Page, at TED, where Edward Snowden appeared.
          >
          > <http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-26658892>

          --
          --
          You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
          Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
          For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

          ---
          You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
          To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@....
          For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
        • Erik Christiansen
          ... Then either you or some program would need to count spaces, and divide by some factor, in this case 2. ... They are used when entering the commands in
          Message 4 of 10 , Mar 22, 2014
            On 22.03.14 02:29, Arup Rakshit wrote:
            > I am not using *tab* for indentation, rather 2 space indentation.

            Then either you or some program would need to count spaces, and divide
            by some factor, in this case 2.

            > Could you tell me what to change in my .vimrc file ?

            Just omit the initial colons in:

            > > :set tabstop=2 sw=2 noexpandtab
            > >
            > > :set listchars+=tab:>-
            > >
            > > :set list

            They are used when entering the commands in normal mode, but are not
            required in .vimrc.

            Erik

            --
            I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god
            than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other
            possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.
            - Sir Stephen Henry Roberts

            --
            --
            You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
            Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
            For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

            ---
            You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
            To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@....
            For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
          • Arup Rakshit
            ... Hi. Now I am getting some $ at the end of my each line : with the current .vimrc file : set nocompatible We re running Vim, not Vi! syntax on
            Message 5 of 10 , Mar 22, 2014
              On Saturday, March 22, 2014 4:56:34 PM UTC+5:30, Erik Christiansen wrote:
              > On 22.03.14 02:29, Arup Rakshit wrote:
              >
              > > I am not using *tab* for indentation, rather 2 space indentation.
              >
              >
              >
              > Then either you or some program would need to count spaces, and divide
              >
              > by some factor, in this case 2.
              >
              >
              >
              > > Could you tell me what to change in my .vimrc file ?
              >
              >
              >
              > Just omit the initial colons in:
              >
              >
              >
              > > > :set tabstop=2 sw=2 noexpandtab
              >
              > > >
              >
              > > > :set listchars+=tab:>-
              >
              > > >
              >
              > > > :set list
              >
              >
              >
              > They are used when entering the commands in normal mode, but are not
              >
              > required in .vimrc.
              >
              >
              >
              > Erik
              >
              >
              >
              > --
              >
              > I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god
              >
              > than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other
              >
              > possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.
              >
              > - Sir Stephen Henry Roberts

              Hi.

              Now I am getting some $ at the end of my each line :

              with the current .vimrc file :

              set nocompatible " We're running Vim, not Vi!
              syntax on " Enable syntax highlighting
              filetype on " Enable filetype detection
              filetype indent on " Enable filetype-specific indenting
              filetype plugin on " Enable filetype-specific plugins
              colorscheme zellner

              set number
              set expandtab
              set tabstop=2 shiftwidth=2 softtabstop=2
              set autoindent

              :let g:html_indent_inctags = "html,body,head,table,div"

              set tabstop=2 sw=2 noexpandtab
              set listchars+=tab:>-
              set list

              au BufReadPost * if line("'\"") > 1 && line("'\"") <= line("$") | exe "normal! g`\"" | endif

              autocmd FileType ruby nmap <F5> :!ruby %<cr>

              " Autoclose pipe in Ruby
              autocmd FileType ruby let b:AutoClosePairs = AutoClose#DefaultPairsModified("|", "")

              set rtp+=~/.vim/bundle/vundle/
              call vundle#rc()

              " let Vundle manage Vundle
              " required!

              set shell=/bin/bash\ -i

              Bundle 't9md/vim-ruby-xmpfilter'
              Bundle 'Townk/vim-autoclose'
              Bundle 'vim-ruby/vim-ruby'
              Bundle 'gmarik/vundle'
              Bundle 'scrooloose/nerdtree'
              Bundle 'tpope/vim-endwise'
              Bundle 'tpope/vim-rvm'
              Bundle 'vim-scripts/Conque-Shell'
              Bundle 'hdima/python-syntax'


              autocmd FileType ruby nmap <buffer> <M-c> <Plug>(xmpfilter-mark)
              autocmd FileType ruby xmap <buffer> <M-c> <Plug>(xmpfilter-mark)
              autocmd FileType ruby imap <buffer> <M-c> <Plug>(xmpfilter-mark)

              autocmd FileType ruby nmap <buffer> <M-z> <Plug>(xmpfilter-run)
              autocmd FileType ruby xmap <buffer> <M-z> <Plug>(xmpfilter-run)
              autocmd FileType ruby imap <buffer> <M-z> <Plug>(xmpfilter-run)

              I don't know why those **$** is coming...

              --
              --
              You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
              Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
              For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

              ---
              You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
              To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@....
              For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
            • Konstantinos Pachnis
              You need to set the strings to use (listchars) when in list mode and for the list command. ... This is what I use. if has( multi_byte ) && &enc ==# utf-8 set
              Message 6 of 10 , Mar 22, 2014
                You need to set the strings to use (listchars) when in list mode and for the list command.
                :help listchars

                This is what I use.

                if has('multi_byte') && &enc ==# 'utf-8'
                set listchars=tab:▸\ ,extends:❯,precedes:❮,trail:·,nbsp:±
                let &showbreak = '↪'
                else
                set listchars=tab:>\ ,extends:>,precedes:<,trail:.,nbsp:.
                endif


                Konstantinos

                On 22 Μαρ 2014, at 13:44, Arup Rakshit <tuka.08@...> wrote:

                > On Saturday, March 22, 2014 4:56:34 PM UTC+5:30, Erik Christiansen wrote:
                >> On 22.03.14 02:29, Arup Rakshit wrote:
                >>
                >>> I am not using *tab* for indentation, rather 2 space indentation.
                >>
                >>
                >>
                >> Then either you or some program would need to count spaces, and divide
                >>
                >> by some factor, in this case 2.
                >>
                >>
                >>
                >>> Could you tell me what to change in my .vimrc file ?
                >>
                >>
                >>
                >> Just omit the initial colons in:
                >>
                >>
                >>
                >>>> :set tabstop=2 sw=2 noexpandtab
                >>
                >>>>
                >>
                >>>> :set listchars+=tab:>-
                >>
                >>>>
                >>
                >>>> :set list
                >>
                >>
                >>
                >> They are used when entering the commands in normal mode, but are not
                >>
                >> required in .vimrc.
                >>
                >>
                >>
                >> Erik
                >>
                >>
                >>
                >> --
                >>
                >> I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god
                >>
                >> than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other
                >>
                >> possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.
                >>
                >> - Sir Stephen Henry Roberts
                >
                > Hi.
                >
                > Now I am getting some $ at the end of my each line :
                >
                > with the current .vimrc file :
                >
                > set nocompatible " We're running Vim, not Vi!
                > syntax on " Enable syntax highlighting
                > filetype on " Enable filetype detection
                > filetype indent on " Enable filetype-specific indenting
                > filetype plugin on " Enable filetype-specific plugins
                > colorscheme zellner
                >
                > set number
                > set expandtab
                > set tabstop=2 shiftwidth=2 softtabstop=2
                > set autoindent
                >
                > :let g:html_indent_inctags = "html,body,head,table,div"
                >
                > set tabstop=2 sw=2 noexpandtab
                > set listchars+=tab:>-
                > set list
                >
                > au BufReadPost * if line("'\"") > 1 && line("'\"") <= line("$") | exe "normal! g`\"" | endif
                >
                > autocmd FileType ruby nmap <F5> :!ruby %<cr>
                >
                > " Autoclose pipe in Ruby
                > autocmd FileType ruby let b:AutoClosePairs = AutoClose#DefaultPairsModified("|", "")
                >
                > set rtp+=~/.vim/bundle/vundle/
                > call vundle#rc()
                >
                > " let Vundle manage Vundle
                > " required!
                >
                > set shell=/bin/bash\ -i
                >
                > Bundle 't9md/vim-ruby-xmpfilter'
                > Bundle 'Townk/vim-autoclose'
                > Bundle 'vim-ruby/vim-ruby'
                > Bundle 'gmarik/vundle'
                > Bundle 'scrooloose/nerdtree'
                > Bundle 'tpope/vim-endwise'
                > Bundle 'tpope/vim-rvm'
                > Bundle 'vim-scripts/Conque-Shell'
                > Bundle 'hdima/python-syntax'
                >
                >
                > autocmd FileType ruby nmap <buffer> <M-c> <Plug>(xmpfilter-mark)
                > autocmd FileType ruby xmap <buffer> <M-c> <Plug>(xmpfilter-mark)
                > autocmd FileType ruby imap <buffer> <M-c> <Plug>(xmpfilter-mark)
                >
                > autocmd FileType ruby nmap <buffer> <M-z> <Plug>(xmpfilter-run)
                > autocmd FileType ruby xmap <buffer> <M-z> <Plug>(xmpfilter-run)
                > autocmd FileType ruby imap <buffer> <M-z> <Plug>(xmpfilter-run)
                >
                > I don't know why those **$** is coming...
                >
                > --
                > --
                > You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
                > Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
                > For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php
                >
                > ---
                > You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
                > To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@....
                > For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
                > <Screenshot from 2014-03-22 17:13:29.png>

                --
                --
                You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
                Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
                For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

                ---
                You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
                To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@....
                For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
              • BPJ
                lördagen den 22:e mars 2014 skrev Arup Rakshit ... It s because of :list mode. Do :help
                Message 7 of 10 , Mar 22, 2014
                  lördagen den 22:e mars 2014 skrev Arup Rakshit <tuka.08@...>:
                  On Saturday, March 22, 2014 4:56:34 PM UTC+5:30, Erik Christiansen wrote:
                  > On 22.03.14 02:29, Arup Rakshit wrote:
                  >
                  > > I am not using *tab* for indentation, rather 2 space indentation.
                  >
                  >
                  >
                  > Then either you or some program would need to count spaces, and divide
                  >
                  > by some factor, in this case 2.
                  >
                  >
                  >
                  > > Could you tell me what to change in my .vimrc file ?
                  >
                  >
                  >
                  > Just omit the initial colons in:
                  >
                  >
                  >
                  > > > :set tabstop=2 sw=2 noexpandtab
                  >
                  > > >
                  >
                  > > > :set listchars+=tab:>-
                  >
                  > > >
                  >
                  > > > :set list
                  >
                  >
                  >
                  > They are used when entering the commands in normal mode, but are not
                  >
                  > required in .vimrc.
                  >
                  >
                  >
                  > Erik
                  >
                  >
                  >
                  > --
                  >
                  > I contend that we are both atheists. I just believe in one fewer god
                  >
                  > than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other
                  >
                  > possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.
                  >
                  >                                             - Sir Stephen Henry Roberts

                  Hi.

                  Now I am getting some $ at the end of my each line :

                  with the current .vimrc file :

                  set nocompatible      " We're running Vim, not Vi!
                  syntax on             " Enable syntax highlighting
                  filetype on           " Enable filetype detection
                  filetype indent on    " Enable filetype-specific indenting
                  filetype plugin on    " Enable filetype-specific plugins
                  colorscheme zellner

                  set number
                  set expandtab
                  set tabstop=2 shiftwidth=2 softtabstop=2
                  set autoindent

                  :let g:html_indent_inctags = "html,body,head,table,div"

                  set tabstop=2 sw=2 noexpandtab
                  set listchars+=tab:>-
                  set list

                  au BufReadPost * if line("'\"") > 1 && line("'\"") <= line("$") | exe "normal! g`\"" | endif

                  autocmd FileType ruby nmap <F5> :!ruby %<cr>

                  " Autoclose pipe in Ruby
                  autocmd FileType ruby let b:AutoClosePairs = AutoClose#DefaultPairsModified("|", "")

                  set rtp+=~/.vim/bundle/vundle/
                  call vundle#rc()

                  " let Vundle manage Vundle
                  " required!

                  set shell=/bin/bash\ -i

                  Bundle 't9md/vim-ruby-xmpfilter'
                  Bundle 'Townk/vim-autoclose'
                  Bundle 'vim-ruby/vim-ruby'
                  Bundle 'gmarik/vundle'
                  Bundle 'scrooloose/nerdtree'
                  Bundle 'tpope/vim-endwise'
                  Bundle 'tpope/vim-rvm'
                  Bundle 'vim-scripts/Conque-Shell'
                  Bundle 'hdima/python-syntax'


                  autocmd FileType ruby nmap <buffer> <M-c> <Plug>(xmpfilter-mark)
                  autocmd FileType ruby xmap <buffer> <M-c> <Plug>(xmpfilter-mark)
                  autocmd FileType ruby imap <buffer> <M-c> <Plug>(xmpfilter-mark)

                  autocmd FileType ruby nmap <buffer> <M-z> <Plug>(xmpfilter-run)
                  autocmd FileType ruby xmap <buffer> <M-z> <Plug>(xmpfilter-run)
                  autocmd FileType ruby imap <buffer> <M-z> <Plug>(xmpfilter-run)

                  I don't know why those **$** is coming...

                  It's because of :list mode. Do :help listchars

                  You have to remove the entry for eol. It is however handy to spot trailing whitespace easier, though you may want to define a mapping like

                  :inor <localleader>ws %s/\s\+$//<cr>

                  to simply remove all trailing whitespace. (There may be better ways!)
                   
                  --
                  --
                  You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
                  Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
                  For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

                  ---
                  You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
                  To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@....
                  For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

                  --
                  --
                  You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
                  Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
                  For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

                  ---
                  You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
                  To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@....
                  For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
                • Erik Christiansen
                  ... And they are the same colour as the - tab visualisations, i.e. blue, unless you ve changed colours. They are very useful, because they show ... and read
                  Message 8 of 10 , Mar 22, 2014
                    On 22.03.14 04:44, Arup Rakshit wrote:
                    > Now I am getting some $ at the end of my each line :

                    And they are the same colour as the ">-" tab visualisations, i.e. blue,
                    unless you've changed colours. They are very useful, because they show
                    if lines are cluttered with trailing whitespace. Type this command:

                    :help listchars

                    and read this: 'listchars' 'lcs' string (default "eol:$")

                    If they frighten you, please try instead:

                    set listchars=tab:!-,trail:-

                    in .vimrc. Then each trailing space will just show as '-', _if_ there
                    are any. Is the visual line-up clearer with "!-" instead of ">-" ?
                    (You may as well make your settings serve your purposes.)

                    > with the current .vimrc file :
                    >
                    ...
                    > set expandtab

                    Not much purpose in that, with a "set noexpandtab" some lines below.

                    > set tabstop=2 shiftwidth=2 softtabstop=2
                    ...

                    > set tabstop=2 sw=2 noexpandtab

                    You have already done the "tabstop=2 sw=2" above. Repetition just makes
                    your .vimrc harder to maintain.

                    ...

                    > I don't know why those **$** is coming...

                    Vim is being helpful. Relax and enjoy.
                    (In time you'll learn to read Vim's help info, and improve your
                    understanding, with a few experiments each time, to test that
                    understanding.)

                    Erik

                    P.S. There is no need to email me as well as the list - the list server
                    interposes very little delay, and if I did not have it automated,
                    I'd have to manually deal with two messages for no good reason.

                    Fullquoting does not improve a post - it is sufficient to quote
                    only the text you're responding to, as I have done above. You now
                    have much less to read, all of it relevant. ;-)

                    Full marks for bottom posting. :-)

                    --
                    Telephone books are like dictionaries -- if you know the answer before
                    you look it up, you can eventually reaffirm what you thought you knew
                    but weren't sure. But if you're searching for something you don't
                    already know, your fingers could walk themselves to death.
                    - Erma Bombeck

                    --
                    --
                    You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
                    Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
                    For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

                    ---
                    You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
                    To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@....
                    For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
                  • Christian Brabandt
                    Hi Arup! ... You might want to consider using the indent-guides plugin (https://github.com/nathanaelkane/vim-indent-guides) Best, Christian -- Mit meiner
                    Message 9 of 10 , Mar 22, 2014
                      Hi Arup!

                      On Fr, 21 Mär 2014, Arup Rakshit wrote:

                      > I wanted to my vim to configure in a way, so that I can see the indentation correctly happening or not. I mean if it is really 2 spaces or more.
                      >
                      > Suppose, when I will be writing my code, Like below :
                      >
                      > class Foo
                      > . .def foo
                      > . . . .x = 10
                      > . . . . y = 12
                      > . .end
                      > end
                      >
                      > The dots I used, to show my need, but I don't want really to print dots. I am looking for something like that.
                      >
                      > Looking at the dot counts, I can confirm yes my indentation is perfect.
                      >
                      > Is that can be done ?

                      You might want to consider using the indent-guides plugin
                      (https://github.com/nathanaelkane/vim-indent-guides)

                      Best,
                      Christian
                      --
                      Mit meiner Anneli haben sie einen guten Fang gemacht,
                      sie verträgt alles, nur keinen Gurkensalat und keinen Widerspruch.

                      --
                      --
                      You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
                      Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
                      For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

                      ---
                      You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
                      To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@....
                      For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
                    • Arup Rakshit
                      ... Hi, This is cool. It will help to match the start and end of blocks . But I am also looking for close to like this, but for seeing if I am using 2 space
                      Message 10 of 10 , Mar 22, 2014
                        On Saturday, March 22, 2014 7:20:49 PM UTC+5:30, Christian Brabandt wrote:
                        > Hi Arup!
                        >
                        >
                        >
                        > On Fr, 21 Mär 2014, Arup Rakshit wrote:
                        >
                        >
                        >
                        > > I wanted to my vim to configure in a way, so that I can see the indentation correctly happening or not. I mean if it is really 2 spaces or more.
                        >
                        > >
                        >
                        > > Suppose, when I will be writing my code, Like below :
                        >
                        > >
                        >
                        > > class Foo
                        >
                        > > . .def foo
                        >
                        > > . . . .x = 10
                        >
                        > > . . . . y = 12
                        >
                        > > . .end
                        >
                        > > end
                        >
                        > >
                        >
                        > > The dots I used, to show my need, but I don't want really to print dots. I am looking for something like that.
                        >
                        > >
                        >
                        > > Looking at the dot counts, I can confirm yes my indentation is perfect.
                        >
                        > >
                        >
                        > > Is that can be done ?
                        >
                        >
                        >
                        > You might want to consider using the indent-guides plugin
                        >
                        > (https://github.com/nathanaelkane/vim-indent-guides)
                        >
                        >
                        >
                        > Best,
                        >
                        > Christian
                        >
                        > --
                        >
                        > Mit meiner Anneli haben sie einen guten Fang gemacht,
                        >
                        > sie verträgt alles, nur keinen Gurkensalat und keinen Widerspruch.

                        Hi,

                        This is cool. It will help to match the start and end of blocks . But I am also looking for close to like this, but for seeing if I am using 2 space indentation or not...

                        --
                        --
                        You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
                        Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
                        For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

                        ---
                        You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "vim_use" group.
                        To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@....
                        For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
                      Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.