Can't install command-t

  • Niels Kobschaetzki
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 19, 2014

      I am trying to install the command-t-plug in on OS X 10.9.2. vim uses the correct ruby-version (2.0.0) since it is built with homebrew and I double-checked. When I do the make, I get the following error:

      linking shared-object ext.bundle
      clang: error: unknown argument: '-multiply_definedsuppress'
      [-Wunused-command-line-argument-hard-error-in-future]
      clang: note: this will be a hard error (cannot be downgraded to a
      warning) in the future
      make: *** [ext.bundle] Error 1

      Does anyone have an idea what I can do? My google-fu didn't help and my
      knowledge regarding compilers and their errors in any way is, let's say quite minimal.

      Thanks in advance,

      Niels

    • Niels Kobschaetzki
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 19, 2014
        On 19/03, Niels Kobschaetzki wrote:
        >Hi,
        >
        >I am trying to install the command-t-plug in on OS X 10.9.2. vim uses the correct ruby-version (2.0.0) since it is built with homebrew and I double-checked. When I do the make, I get the following error:
        >
        >linking shared-object ext.bundle
        >clang: error: unknown argument: '-multiply_definedsuppress'
        >[-Wunused-command-line-argument-hard-error-in-future]
        >clang: note: this will be a hard error (cannot be downgraded to a
        >warning) in the future
        >make: *** [ext.bundle] Error 1
        >
        >Does anyone have an idea what I can do? My google-fu didn't help and my
        >knowledge regarding compilers and their errors in any way is, let's say quite minimal.

        I could solve the problem myself by commenting out
        -multiply_definedsuppress in the Makefile

        Niels