Do you use status line plugins like powerline or airline?

  • Joseph Orbegoso Pea
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 8, 2014
      I'm curious to gain some insight on powerline/airline usage. If you know what powerline and airline are, can you answer this poll?
      http://www.easypolls.net/poll.html?p=531ade39e4b061af6f246519

      Thanks!

    • Charles Campbell
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 14, 2014
        Joseph Orbegoso Pea wrote:
        > I'm curious to gain some insight on powerline/airline usage. If you know what powerline and airline are, can you answer this poll?
        > http://www.easypolls.net/poll.html?p=531ade39e4b061af6f246519

        I use StlShowFunc.vim which shows the name of the current function that
        I'm editing in the status line (C, C++, Matlab, Maple, perl, sh, tex,
        vim, fortran). Its available at:
        http://www.drchip.org/astronaut/vim/index.html#STLSHOWFUNC

        Regards,
        C Campbell

      • Paul Isambert
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 15, 2014
          Charles Campbell <Charles.E.Campbell@...> a écrit:
          > Joseph Orbegoso Pea wrote:
          > > I'm curious to gain some insight on powerline/airline usage. If you know what powerline and airline are, can you answer this poll?
          > > http://www.easypolls.net/poll.html?p=531ade39e4b061af6f246519

          I can see the results, but I can’t vote.

          > I use StlShowFunc.vim which shows the name of the current function that
          > I'm editing in the status line (C, C++, Matlab, Maple, perl, sh, tex,
          > vim, fortran). Its available at:
          > http://www.drchip.org/astronaut/vim/index.html#STLSHOWFUNC

          That’s an excellent idea! I’ll certainly use it soon (the idea, not
          the plugin, since I use my own statusline).

          Paul

        • ping song
          Message 4 of 6 , Apr 26, 2014
            yes I use vim airline, that's a great plugin!

            On Sat, Mar 15, 2014 at 7:17 AM, Paul Isambert <zappathustra@...> wrote:
            Charles Campbell <Charles.E.Campbell@...> a écrit:
            > Joseph Orbegoso Pea wrote:
            > > I'm curious to gain some insight on powerline/airline usage. If you know what powerline and airline are, can you answer this poll?
            > > http://www.easypolls.net/poll.html?p=531ade39e4b061af6f246519

            I can see the results, but I can’t vote.

            > I use StlShowFunc.vim which shows the name of the current function that
            > I'm editing in the status line (C, C++, Matlab, Maple, perl, sh, tex,
            > vim, fortran).  Its available at:
            > http://www.drchip.org/astronaut/vim/index.html#STLSHOWFUNC

            That’s an excellent idea! I’ll certainly use it soon (the idea, not
            the plugin, since I use my own statusline).

            Paul

          • Pritesh Ugrankar
            Message 5 of 6 , Apr 27, 2014

              Try the lightline plugin. I use it on win and Linux and it works great. No need to install patched fonts.

            • Nikolay Pavlov
              Message 6 of 6 , Apr 27, 2014

                On Apr 27, 2014 1:58 PM, "Pritesh Ugrankar" <pritesh.ugrankar@...> wrote:

                > Hi,
                >
                > Try the lightline plugin. I use it on win and Linux and it works great. No need to install patched fonts.

                You do not need to do this with powerline and airline as well. Though powerline is harder to configure to not use custom glyphs.