Mapping a key as a switch button ?

  • Lucas Sanner
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 19, 2014
      Hi,

      In my vimrc I've mapped 2 keys in order to open/close the Buffergator plugin:

      map <F7> :BuffergatorOpen<Enter>
      map <F8> :BuffergatorClose<Enter>

      It works fine but it would be even better if it could be done with just one key (just like a switch button).

      Is there anyway to do that ?

      Thanks

    • Christian Brabandt
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 19, 2014
        On Mi, 19 Feb 2014, Lucas Sanner wrote:

        > Hi,
        >
        > In my vimrc I've mapped 2 keys in order to open/close the Buffergator plugin:
        >
        > map <F7> :BuffergatorOpen<Enter>
        > map <F8> :BuffergatorClose<Enter>
        >
        > It works fine but it would be even better if it could be done with just one key (just like a switch button).
        >
        > Is there anyway to do that ?

        Have you read the documentation?

        Best,
        Christian
        --
        "Don't tell me I'm burning the candle at both ends -- tell me where to
        get more wax!!"

      • Lucas Sanner
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 24, 2014
          Yes I did but I didn't see anything to fit my purpose.
          Any idea ?

        • Christian Brabandt
          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 24, 2014
            Am 2014-02-24 11:43, schrieb Lucas Sanner:
            > Yes I did but I didn't see anything to fit my purpose.
            > Any idea ?

            If we are talking about the same plugin, then there is a
            :BuffergatorToggle command,
            which you could simply map.

            Best,
            Christian

          • Lucas Sanner
            Message 5 of 5 , Feb 26, 2014
              Ooops I've missed that one, sorry.
              Great, it's exactely what I was looking for.

              Thanks