Character of last fF/tT motion

  • atomm
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 19, 2013
      Is the last character that was used with the fF/tT motion command stored somewhere that is accessible? I see that the last search is stored in the / register, but could not find the last character that was searched.

      The reason why is that I would like to customize the statusline to display this character.

    • Ben Fritz
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 19, 2013
        On Thursday, December 19, 2013 5:14:00 PM UTC-6, atomm wrote:
        > Is the last character that was used with the fF/tT motion command stored somewhere that is accessible? I see that the last search is stored in the / register, but could not find the last character that was searched.
        >
        > The reason why is that I would like to customize the statusline to display this character.

        I'm pretty sure you'd need to remap those commands and store it yourself. I don't think it's stored anywhere accessible.

      • David Fishburn
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 19, 2013
          The YankRing plugin does this (as it captures the text yanked / changes made using these keys) by using expressions maps.

          You can look at it and how it does it.

          HTH,
          David