Clear input prompt after input is entered?

  • Benjamin Klein
    Message 1 of 5 , Oct 9 8:25 AM
      When I accept user input in a function using input() and don't output any new messages for the rest of the function, the input prompt and the input remain as the last message. Is there any way to clear the prompt line once input has been received?

      Thanks!

    • Nikolay Pavlov
      Message 2 of 5 , Oct 9 8:28 AM

        On Oct 9, 2013 7:25 PM, "Benjamin Klein" <ben@...> wrote:

        > When I accept user input in a function using input() and don't output any new messages for the rest of the function, the input prompt and the input remain as the last message. Is there any way to clear the prompt line once input has been received?

        Try using :redraw or :redraw!.

        > Thanks!

      • Benjamin Klein
        Message 3 of 5 , Oct 9 8:30 AM
          On Oct 9, 2013, at 10:28 AM, Nikolay Pavlov <zyx.vim@...> wrote:

          Try using :redraw or :redraw!.

          That did it. Thanks!

        • Axel Bender
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 1
            Is there a way the is not so "invasive"? Redrawing the whole screen, clearing it first, seems to be a little bit much of overhead for just resetting the command line...

          • Axel Bender
            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 1
              I found this a (one possible) solution:

              let in = input("...")