netrw Explore */pattern E28 on Windows

  • stevemac321@...
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 8, 2013
      Sorry for posting a new topic, I did search and found what might have been related
      topics, but I am not familiar enough with the Vim system to piece it together

      I am not able to get :Explore to find files with star or starstar on Windows 8
      :Explore */pattern
      or
      :Explore **/pattern

      It does populate the status bar with a report, but it fails to actually
      open a new buffer with the list of found files. It works great on Linux, so I understand what to expect.

      This is the result that I get:

      [No Name] (status bar) Match 1 of 6
      Error detected while processing function netrw#Explore:
      line 435
      E28: No such highlight group name: netrwMarkFile
      <s-up>==Pexplore <s-down==Nexplore
      Press ENTER or type command to continue

      I am using:
      netrw v149
      vim 7.4.27

      This occurs with both console and gui vim.

      I have tried clean installs a couple of times, I have a "clean" install, the
      only additional plugin that I added is clang-complete.

      I do have a not so great workaround
      :r! dir <patter> /s /b
      then I can do a gf to open the file

      It's not a deal breaker for me, VIM is great but I hope there is a fix coming (Charles?) or a reasonable workaround.

      Appreciate it,
      Steve