"Vim without Cream" build no longer includes interpreters?

  • Benjamin Fritz
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 2, 2013
      Steve:

      I noticed today that the 7.4.27 build of Vim I installed from your
      "Vim without Cream" distribution no longer includes +python/dyn, nor
      indeed any other interpretors (it has -ruby, -perl, etc.).

      Will you be fixing this in future builds or did you do this on purpose?

      --
      Ben

    • Steve Hall
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 2, 2013
        On Wed, Oct 2, 2013 at 5:18 PM, Benjamin Fritz <fritzophrenic@...> wrote:
        > I noticed today that the 7.4.27 build of Vim I installed from your
        > "Vim without Cream" distribution no longer includes +python/dyn, nor
        > indeed any other interpretors (it has -ruby, -perl, etc.).
        > Will you be fixing this in future builds or did you do this on purpose?

        Not intentional, but I need some help in the upstream build makefiles
        for Cygwin.

        For Perl, I see build failures with Strawberry Perl 5.18.1.1 x64.

        For Ruby, I haven't tried but it had been broken for years. (I'm using
        RubyInstaller for Windows 2.0.0-p247 x64.)

        That build DOES have +python3/dyn.

        I'll post new builds in the next day or so, whatever works will be
        included.

        --
        Steve Hall  [ digitect dancingpaper com ]
        :: Cream for Vim  http://cream.sourceforge.net

        On Wed, Oct 2, 2013 at 5:18 PM, Benjamin Fritz <fritzophrenic@...> wrote:
        Steve:

        I noticed today that the 7.4.27 build of Vim I installed from your
        "Vim without Cream" distribution no longer includes +python/dyn, nor
        indeed any other interpretors (it has -ruby, -perl, etc.).

        Will you be fixing this in future builds or did you do this on purpose?

        --
        Ben

      • Ben Fritz
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 7, 2013
          On Wednesday, October 2, 2013 5:02:07 PM UTC-5, Steve Hall wrote:
          > On Wed, Oct 2, 2013 at 5:18 PM, Benjamin Fritz <fritzo...@...> wrote:
          > >
          > > I noticed today that the 7.4.27 build of Vim I installed from your
          >
          > > "Vim without Cream" distribution no longer includes +python/dyn
          >
          > That build DOES have +python3/dyn.
          >
          > I'll post new builds in the next day or so, whatever works will be
          > included.

          I see 7.4.50 still doesn't have python 2 support. I just wanted to be clear that your statement about python3 doesn't mean you don't find python 2 necessary, correct?

        • Steve Hall
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 7, 2013
            On Mon, Oct 7, 2013 at 1:52 PM, Ben Fritz <fritzophrenic@...> wrote:
            > On Wednesday, October 2, 2013 5:02:07 PM UTC-5, Steve Hall wrote:
            > > On Wed, Oct 2, 2013 at 5:18 PM, Benjamin Fritz <fritzo...@...> wrote:
            > > >
            > > > I noticed today that the 7.4.27 build of Vim I installed from your
            > > >
            > > > "Vim without Cream" distribution no longer includes +python/dyn
            > >
            > > That build DOES have +python3/dyn.
            > >
            > > I'll post new builds in the next day or so, whatever works will be
            > > included.
            >
            > I see 7.4.50 still doesn't have python 2 support. I just wanted to
            > be clear that your statement about python3 doesn't mean you don't
            > find python 2 necessary, correct?

            Good question. I have not yet explored including both features for
            both versions of Python. If (my) build system supports it, I will
            include it next build.

            :: Cream for Vim http://cream.sourceforge.net