(Vimscript) Stack Overflow Question

  • Benjamin Klein
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 30, 2013
      I do not know whether Vimscript is a popular topic over on Stack Overflow, but this question was asked in July and has apparently received no answers; perhaps SO users here could look at it:

      Iterating over a string in Vimscript or Parse a JSON file
      http://stackoverflow.com/q/17751186/758011?sem=2

      **Note that there is a bounty of 300 reputation on it now (for a week), and also that answers might be better given over there than as a reply to this, as that way they make it to SO as an answer to that question** (and of course SO reputation, in case that's of interest, can't be awarded by means of email). :)

      Thanks!

    • Marc Weber
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 30, 2013
        Excerpts from Benjamin Klein's message of Tue Oct 01 01:43:31 +0200 2013:
        > I do not know whether Vimscript is a popular topic over on Stack
        > Overflow, but this question was asked in July and has apparently
        > received no answers; perhaps SO users here could look at it:
        I just replied to it also telling the asker that he should have asked on
        the mailinglist to get a faster reply :)

        If eval() works, then this is a nice little implementation I used myself
        to interface with ruby-debug-ide, eclim, scion and similar:
        https://github.com/MarcWeber/vim-addon-json-encoding

        Marc Weber

      • Benjamin Klein
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 3, 2013
          On Sep 30, 2013, at 6:57 PM, Marc Weber <marco-oweber@...> wrote:

          > I just replied to it also telling the asker that he should have asked on
          > the mailinglist to get a faster reply :)

          Indeed! I don't know of questions that were asked on this list and got no answers in two months. :) Thanks.

          > If eval() works, then this is a nice little implementation I used myself
          > to interface with ruby-debug-ide, eclim, scion and similar:
          > https://github.com/MarcWeber/vim-addon-json-encoding

          This looks very interesting -- thanks!