Re: Problem adding keys to dictionary

  • Pablo Giménez
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 26, 2013

      2013/9/26 Nikolay Pavlov <zyx.vim@...>

      On Sep 26, 2013 3:49 PM, "Pablo Giménez" <pablogipi@...> wrote:

      > Hello.
      > I am trying to customize my VAM (Vim Addon Manager) setup adding some new sources.
      > So following docs instructions I created a function that fist queries a dictionary with all bundles entries and then add new keys to that dictionary, So I got two lines like:
      > let d.gundo = { 'type' : 'git', 'url' : 'git://github.com/sjl/gundo.vim',
      >     \'homepage' : 'https://github.com/sjl/gundo.vim' }
      > let d.vim-neatstatus = { 'type' : 'git', 'url' : 'git://github.com/maciakl/vim-neatstatus', 'homepage' : 'https://github.com/maciakl/vim-neatstatus' }

      HYPHENMINUS (anything other then Latin letters, digits and underscores) cannot be used with dict.key syntax. Use brackets.

      Ok so this will cause a key like vim-neatstatus to fail
      But why d.gundo is faillling?
      How I have to use the parenthesis to maek these keys working?
      Thanks

      > The when I start vim I got errors from VAM because it cant not find these source and teh reason is because I got errors in those let lines:
      > line    6:
      > E18: Unexpected characters in :let
      > line    8:
      > E18: Unexpected characters in :let
      >
      > I cant see anything wrong with these dictionaries assignments so I don't know why vim is erroring there.
      > Any ideas?
      > Thanks
      > --
      > Un saludo
      > Best Regards
      > Pablo Giménez

      > ---

      Un saludo
      Best Regards
      Pablo Giménez

    • Nikolay Pavlov
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 26, 2013

        On Sep 26, 2013 5:31 PM, "Pablo Giménez" <pablogipi@...> wrote:

        > 2013/9/26 Nikolay Pavlov <zyx.vim@...>
        >>

        >> On Sep 26, 2013 3:49 PM, "Pablo Giménez" <pablogipi@...> wrote:
        >> >
        >> > Hello.
        >> > I am trying to customize my VAM (Vim Addon Manager) setup adding some new sources.
        >> > So following docs instructions I created a function that fist queries a dictionary with all bundles entries and then add new keys to that dictionary, So I got two lines like:
        >> > let d.gundo = { 'type' : 'git', 'url' : 'git://github.com/sjl/gundo.vim',
        >> >     \'homepage' : 'https://github.com/sjl/gundo.vim' }
        >> > let d.vim-neatstatus = { 'type' : 'git', 'url' : 'git://github.com/maciakl/vim-neatstatus', 'homepage' : 'https://github.com/maciakl/vim-neatstatus' }
        >>
        >> HYPHENMINUS (anything other then Latin letters, digits and underscores) cannot be used with dict.key syntax. Use brackets.
        >
        > Ok so this will cause a key like vim-neatstatus to fail
        > But why d.gundo is faillling?

        It looks like d is not a dictionary. Note that what you posted is not enough to reproduce your problems. If d is not defined :let d.gundo will complain about missing variable, not about unexpected characters. It is to be considered undefined because you have not posted its definition.

        > How I have to use the parenthesis to maek these keys working?

        Check out :h Dictionary. It contains enough examples.

        > Thanks
        >>
        >> > The when I start vim I got errors from VAM because it cant not find these source and teh reason is because I got errors in those let lines:
        >> > line    6:
        >> > E18: Unexpected characters in :let
        >> > line    8:
        >> > E18: Unexpected characters in :let
        >> >
        >> > I cant see anything wrong with these dictionaries assignments so I don't know why vim is erroring there.
        >> > Any ideas?
        >> > Thanks
        >> > --
        >> > Un saludo
        >> > Best Regards
        >> > Pablo Giménez
        >> >
        >> > --
        >> > --
        >> > You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
        >> > Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
        >> > For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php
        >> >
        >> > ---
        >>
        >> --
        >> --
        >>
        >> ---

        > Un saludo
        > Best Regards
        > Pablo Giménez

        > ---

      • Pablo Giménez
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 26, 2013

          2013/9/26 Nikolay Pavlov <zyx.vim@...>

          On Sep 26, 2013 5:31 PM, "Pablo Giménez" <pablogipi@...> wrote:

          > 2013/9/26 Nikolay Pavlov <zyx.vim@...>
          >>

          >> On Sep 26, 2013 3:49 PM, "Pablo Giménez" <pablogipi@...> wrote:
          >> >
          >> > Hello.
          >> > I am trying to customize my VAM (Vim Addon Manager) setup adding some new sources.
          >> > So following docs instructions I created a function that fist queries a dictionary with all bundles entries and then add new keys to that dictionary, So I got two lines like:
          >> > let d.gundo = { 'type' : 'git', 'url' : 'git://github.com/sjl/gundo.vim',
          >> >     \'homepage' : 'https://github.com/sjl/gundo.vim' }
          >> > let d.vim-neatstatus = { 'type' : 'git', 'url' : 'git://github.com/maciakl/vim-neatstatus', 'homepage' : 'https://github.com/maciakl/vim-neatstatus' }
          >>
          >> HYPHENMINUS (anything other then Latin letters, digits and underscores) cannot be used with dict.key syntax. Use brackets.
          >
          > Ok so this will cause a key like vim-neatstatus to fail
          > But why d.gundo is faillling?

          It looks like d is not a dictionary. Note that what you posted is not enough to reproduce your problems. If d is not defined :let d.gundo will complain about missing variable, not about unexpected characters. It is to be considered undefined because you have not posted its definition.

          Look at the  *VAM-kr-patching* section.
          It is supposed that there is function called vam#install#Pool() that returns a dictionary, but probably is not doing the right thing.
          I'll keep digging, thanks.

          > How I have to use the parenthesis to maek these keys working?

          Check out :h Dictionary. It contains enough examples.

          > Thanks
          >>
          >> > The when I start vim I got errors from VAM because it cant not find these source and teh reason is because I got errors in those let lines:
          >> > line    6:
          >> > E18: Unexpected characters in :let
          >> > line    8:
          >> > E18: Unexpected characters in :let
          >> >
          >> > I cant see anything wrong with these dictionaries assignments so I don't know why vim is erroring there.
          >> > Any ideas?
          >> > Thanks
          >> > --
          >> > Un saludo
          >> > Best Regards
          >> > Pablo Giménez
          >> >
          >> > --
          >> > --
          >> > You received this message from the "vim_use" maillist.
          >> > Do not top-post! Type your reply below the text you are replying to.
          >> > For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php
          >> >
          >> > ---
          >>
          >> --
          >> --