Re: someone is messing with iskeyword...

  • Matteo Cavalleri
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 24, 2013
      thanks guys. tony was right about the cause (the rails plugin indeed loads the html syntax) but i was still curious why i experienced this problem only recently. thanks to christian now i know why :)

      i'll apply tony's suggestion while i wait for the fix

    • Ike Devolder
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 24, 2013
        Op dinsdag 24 september 2013 15:29:47 schreef Christian Brabandt:
        > On Tue, September 24, 2013 13:00, Matteo Cavalleri wrote:
        > > i've noticed that the underscore is no longer part of the "iskeyword"
        > > variable, both in php and ruby/rails files. this obviously messes up the *
        > > operator and in some cases even the syntax highlighting (e.g. when in a
        > > rails project a method starts with 'flash_')
        > >
        > > if i run vim and give the command "verbose set iskeyword?" the culprit is:
        > > iskeyword=@,48-57,192-255,$
        > >
        > > Last set from /usr/local/share/vim/vim74/syntax/css.vim
        > >
        > > what's strange (at least according to my tiny knowledge of vim) is:
        > >
        > > 1) why the css file gets loaded if i have no css files open?
        > > 2) in that file there's this command:
        > >
        > > setlocal iskeyword-=_
        > >
        > > so why "setlocal" affects all buffers?
        >
        > That is a recent regression (see the discussion at
        > http://article.gmane.org/gmane.editors.vim.devel/42742)
        >
        > I am sure, this will be fixed soon.
        >
        > regards,
        > Christian

        It is already fixed in he git repository [1][2] so when the runtime files will
        be updated, all will be fine again.

        [1] https://github.com/JulesWang/css.vim/pull/16#issuecomment-25000414
        [2]
        https://github.com/JulesWang/css.vim/commit/999ddfdc3ba9a8d806c10a037f2f886cb07f604c

        --
        Ike

      • Matteo Cavalleri
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 25, 2013
          > It is already fixed in he git repository [1][2] so when the runtime files will
          >
          > be updated, all will be fine again.

          it's already in the official hg repo, i pulled it today. thanks :)

          Message 4 of 7 , Sep 25, 2013
            On 25/09/13 09:33, Matteo Cavalleri wrote:

            >> It is already fixed in he git repository [1][2] so when the runtime files will
            >>
            >> be updated, all will be fine again.
            >>

            > it's already in the official hg repo, i pulled it today. thanks :)

            Yes, so did I, and since it's only a runtime file update there is no new
            patchlevel (and no Mercurial tag) going with it.

            On Unix-like systems, running "make installruntime" (or "make install"
            which calls it) in the top or src/ directory (after setting your
            make-time defines, e.g. by means of environment variables) will be
            enough to install it. ("make" with no target will answer "nothing to do"
            or some equivalent, since none of the source files required to compile
            the executable has changed.)

            Yours is not to reason why,
            Just to Sail Away.
            And when you find you have to throw