Re: Set up end-of-substitution-dollar

  • Gautier DI FOLCO
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 22, 2013
      2013/9/22 Tony Mechelynck <antoine.mechelynck@...>
      On 22/09/13 19:23, Gautier DI FOLCO wrote:
      2013/9/22 Tony Mechelynck <antoine.mechelynck@...
      <mailto:antoine.mechelynck@gmail.com>>

          On 22/09/13 16:45, Gautier DI FOLCO wrote:

              Hi all,

              I had configured my ViM to print a dollar during substitutions (I
              remember that it is a vi-compatible option), but, after an
              update I hace
              lost this effect.
              For example:

                    |Hello world
              2cw
                    |Hello worl$
              Hi earth
                    Hi earth|rl$
              Esc
                    Hi earth|

              Do you know what is this option?

              Thanks by advance for your answer.

          :set cpoptions+=$

          see :help cpo-$

          See also :help 'compatible'

          For your penance, say five Hail Marys and one loud BLAH!

          For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.__php

          <http://www.vim.org/maillist.php>

          Google Groups "vim_use" group.
          send an email to vim_use+unsubscribe@__googlegroups.com
          <https://groups.google.com/groups/opt_out>.

      Thanks, it is that, I think one of my plugins is neutralizing my set.

      Then you can try

              :verbose set cpo?

      it will tell you where the option was last set.

      Note that

              let s:cpo_save = &cpo
              set cpo&vim
              "
              " do some processing
              "
              let &cpo = s:cpo_save

      is normal save-work-restore procedure, yet it will make :verbose point to the latest script that did it. The danger is if the script gets interrupted in the middle and forgets to restore.

      Maybe even better would be for a script to do

              try
                      let s:cpo_save = &cpo
                      set cpo&vim
                      "
                      " etcetera
                      "
              " possibly
              catch /^Vim\%((\a\+)\)\=:E1234/
                      "
                      " handle error 1234
                      "
              finally
                      let &cpo = s:cpo_save
              endtry

      but I doubt that there are many scripts that careful.

      see
              :help :try
              :help :catch
              :help :finally

      26. You check your mail. It says "no new messages." So you check it again.

      Thanks for all,
      Regards.