@NoSpell in matchgroup and @NoSpell with TOP

  • Carlos Pita
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 21, 2013
      Hi all,

      I've reached an impasse regarding the situations mentioned in the subject, which are somehow similar:

      * I would like to use @Spell or @NoSpell for a matchgroup. Say the start pattern is an opening xml tag and the end pattern is its closing tag, then I want to highlight them according to their matchgroup but don't spellcheck them.

      * I would like to use the special groups ALL, ALLBUT, TOP, CONTAINED combined with @Spell and @NoSpell.

      I know I could rework my syntax rules to avoid the above requirements, I'm not asking for complete refactoring advice. Just for the shortest path from the stated requirements to the capabilities vim does provide.

      For circumventing the first one I could define a Tag region containing a TagContent region, that way avoiding the need to use matchgroups for the tags. But then I should explicitly skip the opening and closing tags in TagContent, which is a bit repetitive.

      For the second item I guess I could define a cluster like:

      syn cluster _TOP_ contains=TOP

      and then use it like:

      contains=_TOP_,@NoSpell

      which looks a bit hackish.

      Well any suggestions would be very much appreciated.

      Regards
      --
      Carlos