Re: Installing gvim on Windows with no admin rights

  • Choy Rim
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 20, 2013
      On Wednesday, July 25, 2012 10:06:55 AM UTC-4, His Nerdship wrote:
      > Is there any way gvim can be installed by someone with no admin rights?
      > Failing that, what other Registry entries can I kludge onto HKEY_CURRENT_USER? I would like the other context menu item "Edit with Existing Vim", for example.

      I created a .reg file like the one below and opened it and it worked for me.
      ----
      REGEDIT4
      [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\*\shell\vim]
      @="Edit with &Vim"
      [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\*\shell\vim\command]
      @="C:\\some\\path\\vim\\vim74\\gvim.exe \"%1\""
      ----

      I see that my response is late but this seems to be the only worthwhile place to post this workaround.